Do you have a favorite cookie....(Hint Mallomars?)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DAKA, Oct 24, 2020.

1. tokuno

tokuno

Our whole family is bakers, but there is one off-the-shelf that makes my favorites list.
    Thin Mints were always my favorite of the Girl Scouts offerings, but these are way better in my estimation. Identical flavor, but bigger, cheaper, and available all year 'round at Safeway.
    large_09ee468f-60b1-47a4-8faa-510b66932156.jpg

2. Vito

Vito

The Girl Scout's Samoa cookie was pretty good too.

drumgod likes this.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

[​IMG]

My cheat cookie of choice.

4. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Hard to beat a plain ol Oreo IMO.

5. John_AZ

John_AZ

Those big two packs of Peanut butter cookies from Quik Trip Are great with some coffee.

6. n2g

n2g Georgia gal

My absolute favorite might not exactly be a cookie, although they look like a plain cookie. They're mildly sweet. It's old fashioned "tea cakes," which aren't cakes at all and don't really have anything to do with tea. Don't be fooled by imposters of the same name!

The dough is mixed with your fingers in a "well" of flour like old fashioned biscuit dough, and they're made with only flour (and leavening if not using self-rising), sugar, eggs, butter and shortening, and vanilla extract. Then rolled fairly thin with a rolling pin, cut out, and baked on a cookie sheet til the edges are just beginning to turn brown. There is nothing like them in the world! Plain shortcake might be the most similar, but it's not nearly the same. I've not made any in ages but my mother used to make them fairly frequently. She didn't even measure the ingredients. The recipe doesn't sound that good but they have a mild flavor that nothing else has. Many Southerners my age are very fond of them from our childhoods.

As for today's cookies, I like oatmeal (and raisin, cranberry, or blueberry variations), peanut butter, and good chocolate chip cookies. Adding a few nuts makes them even better. For bought cookies I like Pecan Sandies. I also like Girl Scout Thin Mints a LOT. I don't much care for marshmallow but I've never tried, nor remember even seeing, the Mallomars. I might like them if I tried them. I'll have to take a look.

I need a lot of calcium and about the only way I can drink milk is with a cookie, brownie, or cream cheese pastry, which I don't need.

I'm hungry now. All the cookie suggestions have sounded good.

Trump/Republican 2020

7. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

My favorite Cookie was a Coconut Macroon, it was from Berkhoms Bakery in Solvang, CA (a Miniture Danish town in Santa Barbara County, CA). The Cookie were 60 Cent a Dozen in my youth.

Last time I was in Solvang I made a stop at Burkhom Bakery, asked the lady be chine the county if they still had my Macroon's, she revoked yes I said I want 10 Dozen in a Box to go. She replied 10 Dozen, do you know how much that is, I said I do not care, they are going home with me.

They had jumpEd up to $0.60 EACH. She said you really want 10 Dozen I said, yes. spent like $80.00 for the cookies, and as I was on a job, the receipt was sent in with expenses. Told the lady someone else I'd paying for my cookies, she look puzzled when I paid. Client paid for my cookie.

I also like Famous Amos, and Trader Joe Mini Chocolet Chips that come in a tub.

Sadly I have been on a life style change since January 2018, so I do not eat much junk fool. Today I was down 44#'s.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  8. glocker56

glocker56

9. glocker56

glocker56

10. Swipter

Swipter

Piparkakku
    A Finnish cookie my wife refuses to make but only once per year.

11. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

A favorite cookie?

Walkers Shortbread cookies.

Grumpy

12. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Every time I go into Wal Mart I get 2-4 cans of "ROYAL DANSK" Danish Butter Cookies.

They come in a nice metal can. I wish I could find a use for the empty can. I have a LOT of those cans. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  13. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

growing up these were a hot commodity in my house. my mom had to hide them because we'd eat them before my dad could get to them. and if you messed up his desert after he had 10 beers you were in for it. I recall them being seasonal as Hannie said. much more prevalent in winter time.

these are / were my favorite. I used to order by case in college and sometimes would go thru (no kidding) 8-10 packages a night.
    b7a4d038-411e-4c64-af3a-4f8369686f74_1.7b7f4812fbf45a37170a53113a6e41c1.jpeg

14. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

A quart of milk, a box of Girl Scout thin mints, two minutes and all will be gone.

n2g and flyover like this.
  15. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut?

My favorite cookies are my wife's pumpkin scotchies, made with canned pumpkin and butterscotch chips. If I had to pick a store bought cookie, Lorna Doone.

n2g likes this.
  16. cruz lee

cruz lee

17. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

If you offer me cookies I will eat them no matter what kind

18. Borg Warner

Borg Warner Free Full Clip!

Every time I've ever been to Solvang traveling down Highway 99 I always stop at Anderson's split pea soup for the traveler's special, all the soup you can eat.

19. Vito

Vito

Giving up cookies, donuts, and big breakfast muffins: 20 pounds down in 4 months.

20. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

oatmeal raisin... good and good for you.

mike from st pe likes this.