Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious how many of you all are armed when out fishing?, I myself carry a Glock19 on and off while out angling, never had any run ins with weird folks. Came across this story on the subject - http://bit.ly/1PVjBYE

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
If it's legal. 99.9 percent chance I am armed. I may not always have the same weapon as that is dependent on attire though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a Glock 19 specifically for that purpose. There are wolfpacks in several areas where I fish and there are pot farms and meth labs all over the place, too. I would rather carry my Glock 43 but those woods are one place where capacity reigns over concealment for me.

Heck, if I'm packing a fairly light load, I might even carry my G17 if I finally break down and buy a good holster for it.

·
****** Viejo
29,241 Posts
Back when I did fish I always had a handgun on my person. Snakes and BGs down by the river might become a life threatening situation. Glocks didn't exist back then but when I was mountain biking I carried a G-19 in a fanny pack.YMMV. tom. :cowboy:

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
I have a Glock 19 specifically for that purpose. There are wolfpacks in several areas where I fish and there are pot farms and meth labs all over the place, too. I would rather carry my Glock 43 but those woods are one place where capacity reigns over concealment for me.

Heck, if I'm packing a fairly light load, I might even carry my G17 if I finally break down and buy a good holster for it.
I use this(with XDM .45) when hunting. Safariland Glock 17, 22 6378 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster (STX Black Finish,Right Handed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U3X4JG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_qy8Swb8XF2TNJ

·
Registered
15,383 Posts
It's been a few years since I did any fishing, but yes, I always carried.

Why wouldn't you?
^^ Yes I normally change up when im fishing from my normal SD gun(Ruger SR9c) to a .357 magnum revolver 1st and sometimes 2nd are loaded with snake shot lol...rest JHP...I hate snakes.

·
****** Viejo
29,241 Posts
Only if I have my pants on:supergrin:

I hate to admit it but; I bought a Hi-Point just to carry when there is a danger of the gun getting lost, like floating a stream etc.

All of us have skeletons in the closet. tom.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
In case i fall in the Gulf Of Mexico (Hate to lose my G17) I'll opt for the LCP in the pocket holster

Reactions: refugeepj

·
GTDS Member #49
10,104 Posts
Fourty Four Magnum, or larger. You don't want to meet up with a brown bear while you are unarmed, or even under gunned for that matter.

Reactions: refugeepj

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
I don't fish now but there was one instance I remember. In the summer of 1967 my dad, mom, and we four sons were fishing on a creek some miles west of Clear AFB. We heard a loud racket and a big black bear appeared on the other side of the creek. He/she wasn't real happy about us being there. Fortunately the creek was about 50 ft across and four feet deep and he/she wasn't bothered enough to cross the creek. It moved off back from which it came. My dad had one of his Colt Troopers but that didn't seem like enough at the time. We were all ready to jump into the stream. This was at the confluence of two creeks both being about the same size and we were at the fork.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I like to fish the creeks and streams around here, often under and around bridges on the back roads.. One day a couple of shady looking goons was giving me the stare down from the bridge until they noticed the AK47 leaning against the tree beside me.
I don't always carry the AK but I'm always armed.

Reactions: mj9mm and refugeepj
1 - 20 of 91 Posts