Do you guys carry everywhere you go?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by brian321, Feb 7, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

I am just wondering if you guys carry EVERYWHERE you go that is legal? I am asking because im new CCW and my family has asked me to go bowling with them and im not sure if i should carry or just leave it at home? I know i should get in the habit to always carry but do you guys make exceptions? Thanks.

BTW: My family does not know that i carry yet and im not really sure if i want to tell them or give them a chance to find out.

2. Levidale

Levidale

yes i carry everywhere its legal.

3. VanguardMP

VanguardMP

4. computerguy

computerguy

yes I sure do. Better to have an NEVER need than be at the bowling ally and really need it.

Be safe

CG

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  5. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Every where........even family gatherings.......

Ime Out ........not un-armed...:cool:

6. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

Everywhere that is Legal.

7. Legion Etrangere

Legion Etrangere

8. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

I don't know about you, but one of the main reasons I carry is to protect my family, so I am guaranteed to be carrying when I am with my family(and wherever else it is legal.)

It really does take some commitment to carry frequently. You need to think hard about it and decide what your reasons for carrying are. If you subscribe to the idea that violence can be perpetrated anywhere(your home, workplace, church) and that there are no such things as good, safe neighborhoods, then you will probably want to carry as much as possible like I do. I realized that if I am going to spend the all the money and go to all the trouble to carry sometimes that I should carry ALL the time.

Obviously it is a very personal decision, but I figure that unless you can predict when and where violence will happen, it is best to be prepared. Just my opinion :wavey:

That being said, I have to remind myself constantly that more important than having my gun is being aware of my surroundings and anticipating confrontations. My mind is my real defense, and my real weapon.

9. PDXShooter1981

PDXShooter1981 Computer Geek..

I also carry everywhere legal, and I agree with Littlescroll, you just never can tell when a bad situation will walk into your life.

I am pretty new to it as well, and every now and again I consider just running that quick errand without changing so that I can carry, and then I think about why I carry, and I have yet to do that and decide not to carry.

10. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Same here... though depending on the place I may switch out my type and/or mode of carry.

IWB, OWB... fullsize, compact, subcompact (micro)... deep cover pocket with a P3AT...

11. FL2NV

FL2NV

Everywhere legal except work and Church.

12. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I don't carry into a federal building or a courthouse.

13. ssgt_acft_mech

ssgt_acft_mech

Yes I do! I will always have the means to protect my family. And if you get that dreaded 7-10 split you can take care of one of those pins while the ball is rolling...j/k thats unsafe

14. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I carry one everywhere period no if no ands and no buts. If you see me I have a gun

15. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

Yes, given my background, if something bad happened to others and I wasn't carrying; it would be tough to live with.

Bob :cowboy:

16. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

No I don't. If i lived in a big urban setting with a high crime rate I probably would. My little white bread community has virtually no crime save for the predictable DUI's and occasional domestic violence. I DO carry when I go to the city and I open carry on the trail and in the back country.

17. cagnoli

cagnoli Patriot First

I carry to our local bowling alley for my every other night couples league. NO big deal. I carry most of the time. Rationale, if you carry every day, it is more natural, and becomes easier to conceal.

However, there are times that I will not have my Glock 23 on my hip, mostly when I'm headed into a customer meeting in a building that I don't know the rules. (Never been there, don't know if it's posted for no firearms)

As you are a new CCW holder, you just need to carry when you feel comfortable, and slowly build on that experiance. One thing you will notice is that you will infact notice signs that say no firearms allowed, in buildings you've been frequenting for years..... just like buying a new car, and noticing all of the new cars just like yours on the road.

Good luck and stay safe. I'm off to a pancake breakfast at Applebees, and My G23 will be with me :)

18. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I used to not carry around the house because I have a couple of pistols strategically located near where I usually sit or sleep. But I became uncomfortable thinking about all the places I am throughout the day where a gun wasn't within reach: fetching the mail, working in the garage, cooking on the barbeque, working in the yard etc. So, I just got in the habit of putting it on when I get up in the morning and wear it all day. Of course, you need a good rig for this and I just found one--see my review of my Brommeland Max Con V for my G26. Now I feel naked if I don't have it on.

19. bayshtyshorty

bayshtyshorty

Everywhere. Period. Given the situation, you may or not have the time to react, but you WILL have the tool(s) if said situation ever arises. Better to have but not need than to need and not have...so on and so forth...and regarding your family if you have the right rig and know how to wear it, they may never know

20. rahrah12

rahrah12

No I don't...just not really comfortable with carrying it at all times yet. I grew up in the city and never needed a gun and the guys that did were always gangbangers so there is also a mental hurdle that I have to get over...