Do you get along with your ex?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Santa CruZin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin Searching

If you're divorced, did you remain amicable with your ex? Why / why not? If so, how did you remain civil through the emotional separation / property distribution process?

Please don't rail on or use inappropriate language about your ex in my thread and get it locked. It's a serious question.

2. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

My ex could be a powerful ally or a powerful enemy; I wanted an ally.
    I kept my house when we got married (the one I just sold now) and moved in with him. I signed a pre-nup. We divided toys like cars and boats. My ex was never mean to me during our divorce. He was and still is, very much a gentleman to me. We were kind to each other and there were a lot of tears. I adore the man that he is; he and I were just not meant to be. Eventually, I fell in love with someone else and my ex is now completely appalled and shocked that I moved on with such a "regular" guy.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I haven't seen her since we separated, talked to her on the phone once and through emails once to coordinate paper signing. I really wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire... until she burned to death. Then I would. Maybe a bit of gravedancing too.

4. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Now that she has passed; everything is alright.

5. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

divorced once , its been awhile and she still wants to get back together lol . im happily married and no i do not talk to her at all. if she was on fire i would not piss on her to put it out .:supergrin:

6. Harvick

Harvick

If your ex IS on fire,.... you should piss on em'. Period, end of story. Just sayin':whistling:

7. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

My ex is on a gradual downward spiral. She is the devil and burned me pretty bad.

I kind of hate her, but kind of feel bad she was dealt a bad hand, and sucks at life.

But I'm glad to be done. At some time when she's living under a bridge with 73 cats I want to get the dog back. I have a thousand dollars set aside so when she's hard up for something I will buy my puppy.

But she's still got like 500$ of my stuff that she can't find. Frigging hoarder.

I have several other exes that I am good friends with, just not this one....

8. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

nope...not at all..she hates me an i feel the same about her and her mommy dearest!!
    she drives a school bus so i know she is close by when i see the flying monkeys..run toto run..she cant come out in the rain as she would melt..
    :whistling::faint:

9. yam

yam

Now that my kids are grown, I do not have two words to say to their mom. Not even worthy of my hate.

10. spotco2

spotco2

My divorce was not to bad. I was working 100+ hours each week and she was sleeping with one of my best friends. They were married a week after the divorce was final.

Emotionally I was pretty ok with it because I had known that something needed to change for a very long time. I tried to make everything easy and give her whatever she wanted until some of her friends tlked her into trying to take everything.

I never raised my voice or hand to her (or him). Every time I saw them in public he would leave the area and still will not be in the same room with me.

She and I have no problems with each other now.

11. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

Nope. She's the devil.

12. Jbar4Ranch

Jbar4Ranch B-Western Hero Millennium Member

Divorced from ex #1 for 30 years now, but I've always gotten along FABULOUSLY with her and my former in-laws - we just got married too young. Ex #2 is the exact opposite, and is often referred to as "Satan in a Skirt".

13. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I haven't seen or spoken to my ex in nearly 30 years. Why you ask? Well, because she is pretty much batguano crazy. She has no idea where I live now and I hope to keep it that way.

My wife has a fairly amicable relationship with hers. She actually gets along better with him now they are divorced. When he comes here to visit the kids we have let him stay here at the house in the guest room.

14. as400guy1

as400guy1

We get along a heck of a lot better now than the last couple years we were married.

Since we had a son, we didn't want to screw up his life just so we both decided to stay friendly.

I get along with her current and their daughter.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

no, thats why she is my ex.

16. adamg01

adamg01

She was a good person overall but had a lot of issues from her childhood with her mom being a POS and her dad being a drunk. She was WAY too controlling and got terribly jelous of my friends. When our relationship started crack under the strain of unhappiness, she tried to get pregnant to hook me. When I moved out of the townhouse we had (which was in her name), I agreed to help her with a couple of utilities for a month. Let's just say I would still be paying those utilities if I didn't have them cut off finally. I set there at our cable television provider and listened to her lie on speaker phone and say that I agreed to keep paying the cable bill.

It has been nearly three years and she still runs me down to other people. I am not saying it wasn't a two-way street but she could be an evil b**** as far as I was concerned. She tried to add my wife on Facebook awhile back. :shocked:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  17. ubimow

ubimow

Well, my husband left me a year ago. We had been married for 16 years and he was the love of my life and best friend (or so I thought).

One day he never came home from work. He wouldn't answer his cell phone and I was so worried that something bad had happened to him that I was having a panic attack. Finally 6 hours later, he texted me and told me that our marriage was over. He said he was not coming home ever and he was now living with another woman who he had fallen in love with.

As far as I knew, our marriage was perfect and we were the love of each other's lives. My heart and soul died that day and 2 months later I almost killed myself but couldn't go through with it because my mom had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I ended up losing our home because I couldn't afford the mortgage without his income so I moved in with my mom and am helping her out with her bills instead of paying rent somewhere.

Anyway, to answer the question. I still talk to him occassionally. He wanted us to remain friends and I tried at first, mostly because I was trying to get him back. But now that I know it is really over for good, I don't see him anymore because it is too painful and I end up crying the rest of the day.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  18. metrogruntual

metrogruntual o__O

was SiaS on here about 9 years ago?

19. AA#5

AA#5

:rofl:

20. AA#5

AA#5

I've only seen her once since our divorce 27 years ago - and that was only because we both attended a funeral for a mutual friend. Her appearance had deteriorated to the point that it made me VERY grateful I wasn't with her; she looked much worse than the deceased. :wow:

During our marriage, she taught me quite a bit about not being quick to trust.