close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you find the target trigger uncomfortable?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Snareman, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Snareman

Snareman

I'm fairly new to the world of firearms and after shooting a bunch of different hand guns decided on the Glock 19. Almost went for the M&P9c but I went for the Glock in the end. I find the trigger a little painful though by the end of 100 rounds and really liked the comfort of the M&P trigger.

I know people swap out the trigger for the smooth trigger of the 17. Do you do this for comfort or are there other reasons? Does this alter anything else other than just the feel of the trigger on your finger? I've read elsewhere on here (I even used the search button :) ) that it makes the trigger pull a little lighter.

2. Stuntman_Mike

Stuntman_Mike /̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

I cannot stand the grooved trigger on my G23. I'd swap it, but it's my primary CCW, and I don't want to fool around with it.

The rest of my glocks have the smooth trigger.

3. G36_Me

G36_Me

first step: ignore all the smart-ss comments that are going to follow by people having some fun with you.

My opinion: I think there is a problem with the gun; not all guns, but yours. I've seen this issue enough on forums to believe there must be something to it. I have never seen it in real life. I have never experienced it.

so... going with the first assumption: it is the gun. You need to really describe in detail the problem. Where on the finger? Where on the trigger? Lots of detail.

The pad of your trigger finger is a tough piece of meat. It should be able to hold up to a trigger even if you wash dishes for a living.

Tell us more.

4. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

It doesn't affect the trigger pull. Just the feel on your finger. It's a simple switch and well worth it. Even for a carry gun since it's a stock part.
    It's no more a liability to put in the smooth trigger than to put the target trigger back in after a detail cleaning.

5. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

The 'target trigger' is just there for ATF import points, right?

6. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Right. I swapped it out on my G23. The best upgrade I made next to the Ghost 3.5# standard I put in it.

7. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

The target trigger was the same concept as the "weekend" adjustable rear sight. Added for import points with ATFE.

8. Snareman

Snareman

What don't you like about it?

9. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

What are you talking about dude?
    There are a ton of people here who dislike the feel of the serrated trigger. Nothing wrong with the gun or the shooter, just a preference issue.
    It tore my finger up after a few hundred rounds. And I work with my hands for a living, they aren't girly in the slightest. But hard sharp plactic edges grating into one spot of your skin for so long will start to irritate it.

10. Snareman

Snareman

I'd probably have it done by the armorer at my range though since I don't think I'm quite up to it yet. And that way, I'd know it would be done right. I don't think I've read about any people complaining of problems after installing one on their 19.

11. Snareman

Snareman

What kind of problem could it be with the gun? Pretty much right in the middle of the pad of my finger where the safety sits. Sure, the pad of your finger is a good piece of meat, but there are lots of nerve endings right there being poked.

12. G36_Me

G36_Me

My opinion, again having never seen this issue, the trigger must have some jagged edges causing you an issue. those need to be fixed.

forget about the that, are you a snare drummer? I was. rudimental, man.

13. nastytrigger

I sadly have a wart issue on my left hand, my shooting hand. I have one wart on the left side of my nail on my left index finger, trigger finger. The 'target trigger' sometimes bothers my wart and discomforts after long range sessions. It hasn't become of enough concern to swap for a standard trigger, but the wart isn't going away soon and $80 times a dozen doctor visits to get it burned off adds up quick...

14. Snareman

Snareman

The whole trigger is full of jagged edges/ridges. Like 6 or them or so, not to mention the somewhat jagged safety that pokes out and then when you fire the gun they jerk and dig into your finger.

Yes, 7 years of drum corps plus lots of other stuff.

15. Snareman

Snareman

That's a painful place for a wart!

16. MJB

MJB

You need to find a new doctor. That should be a one stop fix. And, I think they generally freeze them off these days.

17. nastytrigger

Yup. I've had them frozen off, maybe not a dozen yet, but around nine to ten times... First freeze, they scab up couple little ones left. Second freeze gets the stragglers. I put ointment on. They go away for a couple months and then start to reappear. I have about 30 on my left hand only right now... :crying: Ranging in size from super-tiny to pea diameter... :steamed: Doc says to keep coming in and she'll treat them... :upeyes: I haven't questioned about any other way of removal, but other people say that they've had them and one day they'll just go away... I don't want to spend anymore money on freezing them off anymore (tried all the witch doctor duct tape, Doctor Scholls, vinegar, etc), so I'm just surviving with the unsightly bast**ds.

18. SCC

SCC just me

NO target trigger for me !!!!
    I like them all smooth !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  19. Snareman

Snareman

Why do you like it better?

20. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

I hate the target trigger, and I switch it out on all of them.