Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear with me.I don't believe I need to call in the shrink yet.
A gun nightmare dream is one in which you are carrying your firearm ,everything appears normal and suddenly, because you have that gun,you are in deep kimchee.Can we blame the MSM?

For example last night was a corker.I was visiting my cousins in Pennsylvania.They ask me if a round of a few local pubs sounded good. Sure why not?At one of the bars, I meet a guy from Costa Rica.I've been there several times,so we start trading stories and then suddenly the dream becomes a nightmare.

I'm not in PA anymore,but San Jose,Costa Rica,I'm carrying a .357, staring at 10-15 in a C.R. prison if detected.I frantically tell my new friend of this, and ask him "where can I ditch the piece ? ". He then puts the cuffs on me and with a hideous laugh produces C.R. police credentials. :shocked:

In a cold sweat, I wake up at 5 A.M. But It was so real!
Anyone else go through this misery? Every 3 or 4 months I have them recur in different formats.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Not since I started carrying.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Not like the OP, but I have had a few where the gun isn't working. The two biggest are the shooting the assailant repeatedly without it working, or the hundred pound trigger pull.

I looked them up and they're called Police Anxiety Dreams. No you don't need to be a LEO to have them, they're actually common among gun owners in general. Anxiety dreams in general can come from being unsure of something you rely upon. Your gun, your car, your tools. Depending on what you do, you could have similar dreams.

I've generally found that more time at the range helps.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
Had a dream awhile back that I had ended up in a bad place and was going to have to use my gun. In the dream I was carrying my SP101 and didn't have any speedloaders or extra ammo. We were just "going down the road" and I was ok with just strapping on my SP101 with only 5 rounds. Woke up kinda freaked out and thought long and hard for the next day or two about my CC rig. Also, I used to carry my Glocks with an empty chamber. I practiced ALOT with drawing and racking the gun and was very proficient in doing so and felt comfortable. I had a dream one night that had me a situation where I needed to be able to draw and fire. Racking the slide was not an option in the situation. I started carrying with a loaded chamber the very next day and have ever since with everything. Some dreams/nightmares are VERY realistic and really get you thinking.

·
AK Fanatic
2,883 Posts
Bear with me.I don't believe I need to call in the shrink yet.
A gun nightmare dream is one in which you are carrying your firearm ,everything appears normal and suddenly, because you have that gun,you are in deep kimchee.Can we blame the MSM?

For example last night was a corker.I was visiting my cousins in Pennsylvania.They ask me if a round of a few local pubs sounded good. Sure why not?At one of the bars, I meet a guy from Costa Rica.I've been there several times,so we start trading stories and then suddenly the dream becomes a nightmare.

I'm not in PA anymore,but San Jose,Costa Rica,I'm carrying a .357, staring at 10-15 in a C.R. prison if detected.I frantically tell my new friend of this, and ask him "where can I ditch the piece ? ". He then puts the cuffs on me and with a hideous laugh produces C.R. police credentials. :shocked:

In a cold sweat, I wake up at 5 A.M. But It was so real!
Anyone else go through this misery? Every 3 or 4 months I have them recur in different formats.
Dreams are the way your mind deals with real-world issues. Not being able to just make it obvious what the issue is, your mind creates a 'movie' with friends as actors and props or situations as the manifestations of the issues. 99% follow patterns. Once you admit what the problem is or deal with it, the dream goes away.
Typically, when you have dreams about being 'discovered', your mind is dealing with a reality of something you may be hiding. Perhaps it's as simple as a secret you're keeping or an insecurity you have.
As for you other guys, the dreams about something not working at a moment when you need it (trigger, gun in general, etc.,) is a self doubt about not being able to deliver on something, such as self doubt about completing a task at work.
Shooting someone and having the perp not affected by your bullets is a form of feeling you are not in control of something in your life. It's very similar to the dreams of falling or punching someone - in self-defense- and your punches being ineffective.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
Dreams are the way your mind deals with real-world issues. Not being able to just make it obvious what the issue is, your mind creates a 'movie' with friends as actors and props or situations as the manifestations of the issues. 99% follow patterns. Once you admit what the problem is or deal with it, the dream goes away.
Typically, when you have dreams about being 'discovered', your mind is dealing with a reality of something you may be hiding. Perhaps it's as simple as a secret you're keeping or an insecurity you have.
As for you other guys, the dreams about something not working at a moment when you need it (trigger, gun in general, etc.,) is a self doubt about not being able to deliver on something, such as self doubt about completing a task at work.
Shooting someone and having the perp not affected by your bullets is a form of feeling you are not in control of something in your life. It's very similar to the dreams of falling or punching someone - in self-defense- and your punches being ineffective.
:therapy:

:tongueout: :rofl: Actually a good post. :cool:

·
Code-7A KUZ769
3,251 Posts
I've dreamed the gun wouldn't fire when I needed it. :)
Same here. Rarely does my gun work in my dreams. The only time the gun does work in my dreams is when I'm going on the "offensive".

·
Milspectacular
999 Posts
The only nightmare that I can recall was I was shooting at an intruder in my home with my Glock 19 and the 9mm rounds were not stopping him. He pulled out a 10mm Glock, aimed it at me sideways and when he pulled the trigger the whole planet blew up.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I always dream that I had left my gun at home when I needed it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts