Do you ever get ridiculed for Lifting or Exercising

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by mossy500camo, May 7, 2007.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo Guest

Does anyone else here get ridiculed for Lifting weights or exercising? I have a co worker that keeps going on and on every single day, about me Power Lifting. I get comments like "Woooo I cant lift 4000 lbs", "Look at me Im big & strong". Sometimes.. I want to slap the **** out of this POS mouth.

I am going to give it right back to him today. With comments like Wooo... I can drink 24 beers and smoke 3 pack of smokes a day. I have a beer gut wanna see? DAMN! :upeyes:

2. DBradD

DBradD Guest

The closest thing I can think of is a fellow at my old job. He is a devout Christian and thinks that any effort spent outside the goal of spiritual development is foolish.

"Yeah, all those muscles ain't gonna do you any good when you're burnin' in hell because you should've been reading the Bible, working to save more souls, etc."

Who knows. Maybe he's right, LOL.

3. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

A guy who used to work for us spouted the same garbage. I told him I'm going to hell and looking forward to the ride. He got all butthurt about it.

Of course, this was the same guy who thought Ellington Darden's every word should be followed because he had letters after his name, and insisted that how many pullups you could do was the only true test of upper body strength.

Heaven for me includes a gym with bare concrete walls, power racks, no air conditioning, the sound of iron on steel and a trapdoor to hell for anyone who asks us to hold it down or does curls in the power rack.

4. proactive

proactive

:rofl: That's awesome.

5. proactive

proactive

I've dealt with ridicule for my enthusiasm over the years. I think the liberal musician that lives behind me feels sorry for me when he sees me wrestling the sand bag. "So...is that fun?" (Me choking for air): "It's really great.":supergrin:

6. mossy500camo

mossy500camo Guest

LOL! Yeah! This guy at work is a beer swilling pig. That soke like a freaking locomotive. And ridicules me about powerlifting.:upeyes:

Today I went by him and ask "So how many beers did ya knock out this past weekend?" Followed by a "Hiccup" Everybody in the breakroom cracked up laughing.:laughabove: I mocked him as he was walking across the floor gasping for breath. I think I might have pissed him off.....:shocked: What to do? He is a beer swilling, cant breath BAD A ZZ!:outtahere:

But I am!:strong: :nsb:

ps
    Sorry I wont act like a 3 year old at work again.:supergrin:

7. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Yeah, I get it all the time.

Always razzed about eating healthy too. "Why do you eat four chicken breasts a day?", and "Ooooohhhh, we can't all be as healthy as you", as the people around me stuff 2 twinkies into their fat gullets and wash it down with a Dr pepper.

Bite me!

Excuse me for looking better than 99% of the other people I work with.:tongueout:

Society will always ridicule what they wish they were.

Rock on guys!

8. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Yea, mostly co-workers giving me hell about eating a good diet and working out. Oh yea, forgot to add they are all fat asses who make the wise cracks!

9. mossy500camo

mossy500camo Guest

I hear that too. "you eat to much", "Tuna again", etc, etc.

10. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Yeah, if I get ridiculed for anything it is for what I eat at the office.

11. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

That is how it works here. They see me eating chicken/brocoli/rice and think it sucks.

12. JBaird22

JBaird22

I get the "if you lose any more wieght you are going to blow away" statements all the time. Someone asked if I was sick the other day also.

I just told them I was trying to not have a heart attack and die.

13. Glock13

Glock13

You need to take a proactive approach. I have everyone in my cubicle eating hard boiled eggs at 9:00 every morning. It's an office ritual now.

14. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

No one ridicules me for weight lifting. They do ridicule me for doing Yoga however.

I just tell them to match me in stretching and they can't. I can lift as much as them or more and I am more flexible thanks to Yoga.

15. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

BIG +1 on that one.

HELP ME!!! I'm surrounded by fatasses!!!

16. DBradD

DBradD Guest

Ewwww, brings back bad memories of when I used to work in an office. Office free or nearly free goodies were a constant temptation. I'm a sucker for sweets and can only resist them by not having them in my face all the time. Weird thing, also, was that I didn't know anybody who was happy about the free bagels for birthdays, free cupcakes for whatever, the $0.25 "on your honor" candy bars in the breakroom. It's almost like everybody wanted them gone, but didn't want them gone--all at the same time.

17. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

The people that surround me are a huge part of the success of Krispy Kreme.

18. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

At the clinic I been at for the last 2 years, I been gettin' some flack for being seen running everyday, sometimes 2 times a day. Then I was siitin' around the front office on a slow day and every one was takin' about age. Me being the only male at the clinic now, they were curious and I told them I'm 40. They all dropped they're jaws and said stuff like "I thought you were like 33 or 35?" Made me think about what they're hubbies must look like then, at age 32 or what they'll be like at 40. :supergrin:

19. punkture

punkture

i get this crap all the time. i worked for 7 years in an office while going to college and gained a ton of weight. it started causing BP and cholesterol issues, so i decided to start my own business in construction. i dropped all the weight in the first 6-7 weeks and now im back in the gym actually trying to gain a little back....how ironic.

20. TRMN8R

TRMN8R Cage Fighter Lifetime Member

That's awesome; good for you :thumbsup: .

Meant to add that I've gotten all the above at one time or another in one form of ridicule or another.

Most of it actually in a joking way, as most of those same people eventually sought me out for diet and/or exercise advice. Funny that.

OTOH, the ones that are sarcastic and mean to be degrading are the ones who are simply jealous because they look like crap and no doubt feel like crap. In fact, my impression is they have an extreme guilt trip for letting themselves go and the only way they know how to make themselves feel better about it is to bash on the people who are actually trying to get back/stay in shape.