Do You Believe In ANY Gun Control?

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Travelinman, Oct 15, 2018.

Do You Favor ANY Gun Control?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2018.
  1. Yes

34.4%
  2. No

62.8%
  3. Undecided

2.8%
  1. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

Do you feel that any part of the 2nd Amendment should be abridged or amended?

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

At the moment there are over 22,000 gun control laws on the books, Federally and 50 states wide.

2. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

If 22,000 laws arent stopping criminals how the hell would adding any help?

3. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

We are not talking about adding. Do we need ANY of the 22,000 on the books?!

Paul53 likes this.
  4. G19Cfan

G19Cfan

I say "yes" because 2A does not specifically mention things like heavy artillery, automatic cannons and other extremely dangerous weaponry. However, I do believe it is time for the NFA to go away along with other meaningless restrictions. The AR15 is in common use and as such should not have any restrictions placed on it.

5. ACE31

ACE31

6. Cambo

Cambo

I believe in zero gun control. If there are other ways to kill people, one object should not be demonized.

7. gp23

gp23

8. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

Refer to first statement

Gun laws dont work.

London has a higher murder rate than NYC despite no public citizenry having guns on them.

Dont see too many mass shootings outside of gun free zones

Australia violent crime increased when buybacks/confiscation was implemented.

Governments have killed millions of their own people in the last century.

An armed public is mandatory for a safe and peaceful society.

9. redrick

redrick

I believe the mentally ill should not be able to own a gun .
    I believe a person convicted of a violent crime should not be able to own a gun .
    I believe a person convicted of selling drugs should not be able to own a gun .
    I believe non US citizens should not be able to own a gun .

I believe any of the above should spend 10 years in prison , plus the crime if caught with one on the first offense and 20 years on the second offense , then life in prison , with no plea down in time off .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    benben, nugnuts, Ranger Andy and 27 others like this.
  10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'm not in favor of laws, so I'm really not in favor of gun laws.

But then we have members like redrick who want gun laws stricter than we have now.

11. G29guy06

G29guy06

I voted “no” but that is not an absolute. I voted no given the context of today’s gun control arguments.

If we hold to the 2A black and white and only in its literal words and also the reason behind it (to stand up to the govt if need be) then private citizens should be able to own Nukes, fighter jets, missiles etc...

I think the listed above is obvious, and maybe regulation on belt fed weapons...

But I don’t see the point to the current “BATFE” stamps and such that we’re familiar with...and if we are to keep SBR’s the way they are, can we drop the length to 10”

12. jconn465

jconn465

The problem is NOT the tools.
    The Problem is the broken people
    Broken people don’t need guns to kill
    Good people need guns to defend the sheep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teeceetx, HCSO29, pizza_pablo and 5 others like this.
  13. BBMW

BBMW

My favorite reply when people bring up gun control is to look at how well supply control has worked out with opiates.

14. PoiDog

PoiDog Gun Cultured

If democrats would stop shooting people, there would be no need for gun control laws of any kind.

Most of the mass shootings were committed by leftist loons. Not all, but most of them.

Other than that, my answer is no we don't need gun control laws that stop decent people from owning / carrying / using guns of any description.

TRIGGER_1, HCSO29, nursetim and 4 others like this.
  15. powernoodle

powernoodle

What about someone who shoots up a school and but is not convicted because he wasn't Mirandized? What about someone with an IQ of 30 who likes to kill cats and pretends to shoot your wife every time he sees her?

There is a canon of western jurisprudence called choice of laws. When two important public policies are in conflict, we as a society must pick the more important of the two. Is your right not to be murdered more or less important than the "right" of the mass murderer who lives next door to you to own a gun? Should the moron with a low IQ be allowed to purchase a gun after he has threatened your wife? The answers to these questions should be self-evident.

And that's called gun control.

If your house is on fire, should an agent of the government (firefighter, police) break down your front door to save your life? Breaking down your door violates the 4th Amendment. Do you want your family to burn to death, or should the fire dept violate the 4th Amendment? We can't save Travelinman. He loves the Bill of Rights.

Of course the 2nd Amendment has boundaries. Of course other rights sometime supplant the 2nd Amendment. The question is not if they do, but how and where.

orangejeep06, HCSO29, n2g and 3 others like this.
  16. jconn465

jconn465

Common sense free speech is what we need. Sounds as dumb as common sense gun control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

im perfectly cool with violent felons or people with severe mental ilness not owning guns.

18. fowl intent

fowl intent Banned

19. Cambo

Cambo

So I'll feel better when the psycho with the low IQ stabs my wife? Or runs her over? Seriously who cares what is used, that person shouldn't be in society.

20. BBMW

BBMW

That wouldn't be dealt with by gun control. Really I don't see how your hypotheticals have anything to do with gun control.

If someone shoots up a school, you can bet your ass they'll dot every I and cross every T. How many cases get thrown out per year because of improper Mirandizing. And even if they screwed up, how would gun control be applicable. And to your other hypothetical, he's committing likely felonies and would likely be locked up for some period. And if he wasn't, again, how would gun control apply.