close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do we want Ping?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Jun 23, 2005.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Of course not! Lacson in power might spell the end for civilian gun ownership. But he is making a run for it now, hah! :(

Ping makes bid to unite Gloria’s foes

Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Thursday presented himself as the unifier of forces that are demanding the resignation of President Arroyo.

In a press conference at the Manila Hotel, Lacson announced the launching of "Be Not Afraid" movement, which he said will distribute CDs of the supposed wiretaps of the President’s conversation with former election commissioner Virgilio Garcillano as a way of informing the people about massive fraud in last year’s election.

Lacson also showed what he said were election returns with spurious signatures as proof that Mrs. Arroyo cheated.

He said the Commission on Elections had ordered 30,000 extra election returns from private printers, which he said had ended up in Arroyo bailiwicks like Cebu, Iloilo, Pampanga and Las Piñas.

He said the returns could easily translate into six million votes. Mrs. Arroyo won the election by about a million votes.

Lacson, who was himself a presidential candidate, ended up in third place.

He produced a return from a precinct in San Fernando, Pampanga, which he said bore no accountable form number. "You will note that although the page numbers are printed, the numbers in the accountable form are not. Why? Elementary. So the Arroyo operators can prefabricate page one. Election returns come in six copies and page one is where the presidential listing is found," he said.

He also presented returns from Floridablanca, Pampanga, and Las Piñas City, which he said looked as if they were written by one person.

He added that four boxes of the returns are "now in possession of a man of the cloth."

Lacson also warned Garcillano that his life was in danger and urged him to divulge what he knew of the administration’s plan to rig the polls.

Lacson revealed that Public Works Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane and another group had been hiding Garcillano in Manila.

He also called on President Arroyo to break her silence on the authenticity of the recordings.

He said that at this point he is calling for Mrs. Arroyo’s resignation but will wait for her to admit that it was her voice on the tape.

The press conference gathered for the first time opposition figures from the camps of Lacson and Fernando Poe.

Among those who attended were Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati, House Minority Leader Francis Escudero, Representatives Ronaldo Zamora, Angelito Banayo, Agapito Aquino.

There were also business personalities like Peter Wallace and Betsy Quisumbing of the Cebu Chamber of Commerce.

Lacson said he has been receiving feelers from other groups, some from the armed services.

He declined to name his military supporters. "If I give their names they will lose their job," he said.

Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. said he was not informed of Lacson’s press conference.

He chose to keep his peace on Lacson’s attempt to unify the opposition.

"My activities are confined to the Senate. I am for a peaceful and constitutional means," Pimentel said. Patricia Esteves and ABS-CBN

2. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Agree with Pimentel.

3. bulm540

bulm540

I hope not. He is sinister.

4. Allegra

Allegra

I like him
    He cleaned up the PNP when he was chief , it was obvious to all who ran a trucking biz

He's got ladership skills which the country needs more than ever

Plus, his children have never been in trouble even when he was in power

To the surprise of my family, and myself, I voted for him

Lahat naman sila sinister :)

5. jasonub

jasonub

My vote is that the Philippines become the 54th state of the United States of America;f

6. homer_m

homer_m

+1 and dave skinner for governor!;K ;?

7. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

;f
    As Pres.Manuel Quezon said(not the exact words but something like this)

" I prefer a government run like hell by Filipinos than a government run like heaven by the Americans"

Then again haven't we had enough of hellish governments run like hell by Filipinos and is it high time to see what heaven feels like? ;f ;a That would of course presuppose that a gov't run by the Americans would feel like heaven.....I doubt it.

Problem with statehood proponents is that they haven't even bothered to ask if America will accept us(warts and all) ;f

Points to ponder and not to be taken seriously:)

8. atmarcella

atmarcella

akala ko 50 lang sila, cno yung 3 bago? but i agree, if quezon were alive today i'd answer him "welcome to hell!!!".

9. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

We will eventually be absorbed into Greater Shenzen.

10. kent

kent

this is wishfull thingking, why will they even acknowledge us.

they once rule part of this archipelago and indonesia, given up and went home, their official report, states that the inhabitants are;

men = no honor
    women = no morals
    dogs = bark incessantly without cause
    roosters = crows at all time

(uncivilized and cannot be taught to be otherwise)

this was long before spain set foot in asia

11. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

In all honesty, he is what our country needs now...but i know it'll be HELL for us gun owners again!! Wag na nga lang....;a ;f

12. vega

vega

Alam ko 52 lang ang states, sino yung pang 53rd?

vega

13. vega

vega

14. mbclubph

mbclubph GREEN MINDED

hi bogs

panfi jr. sen lacson's son is a good friend of mine and to tell you honestly he is a very simple guy i think at this point our country needs a person like sen ping lacson im not saying this because he's our friend i know he will be a good leader you can check it thru his record. the lacson brothers jay,bubuy,pampi,jek-jek were raised properly by sen. lacson. naiisip ko minsan paano magiging mahusay na leader ng bansa kung ang mismong anak ng leader ay hindi mapasunod. LETS SUPPORT SEN. LACSON!!! BE NOT AFRAID!!!

15. 9MX

9MX Rei!

unless he changes his position on gun ownership,no way!

personally, one side of me likes the leadership of ping, but still now way:(

16. bulm540

bulm540

Ditto!! You must wonder why he does not want the law abiding citizens
    to have firearms. Is there a hidden agenda??

17. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Ang alam ko ang Puerto Rico na annex na...ano yung other added states?

18. bulm540

bulm540

Puerto RIco is a U.S terriroty as a result of the Spanish American War. They don't have voting rights.

19. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Well AFAIK, he was a member of the dreaded MISG during martial law. In fact, he started his military career during martial law. So he probably wants something like this without actually declaring so.

20. KenC

KenC

Puerto RIco is a U.S terriroty as a result of the Spanish American War. They don't have voting rights.

Guam is also a territory without voting rights. HOWEVER, they do have all the other benefits and they run their own country.
    I am not a citizen here so I really don't have a say but, I wouldn't vote for anyone who will take away your right to have a gun for protection and recreation.
    The countries who take the guns usually take more than your guns.

;b :) :soap: