Do they still manufacture G23?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dj40cal, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SamP250

SamP250

Here's some more good info to know about Gen 3 Glocks. The Navy Seals recently added the Glock 19 to their "approved arsenal," and specified Gen 3 Glock 19. Here's why: All Gen 3 Glocks have a single coil guide rod. Gen 4 and above have the captured double coil. The double has the propensity to collect debris and malfunction quicker than the single coil. You can imagine the Seals are often getting sand and seaweed, ocean junk into their side arms. The Gen 3 keeps functioning longer than Gen 4, according to all their field testing and comparisons. Then, I already told you about the Glock 23 - how easy it is to convert it. A Glock 23 is 3 guns in one. 9mm, 40 caliber, and 357 Sig. It comes from factory a .40, but 9mm and 357 Sig conversion takes less than 60 seconds.

2. dj40cal

dj40cal

I checked out your post. We will see how it plays out. Bass pro didn't say the Glock 23 was in stock, but they were accepting online orders so I think it take 4-5 days to order from the manufacturer. Hopefully I get the gun. If not, worst case I'll get my money back. But nothing has cancelled yet so we'll see how it all plays out.

Folsom_Prison likes this.

3. dj40cal

dj40cal

Wow this is some great information once again! Very much appreciated. Yeah it seems like the Glock 23 has a lot of options as far as conversions which is always nice!

4. flyby1971

flyby1971

Should they decide to screw you on a run around... PK firearms has a G23 for cheaper. Even has night sights.

5. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

Prefer gen 3 to gen 4
    We have both 23 & 27 issue
    21’s & 30 if we pay for the ammunition, holsters. I also use a 10mm conversion for hogs and bear country. We’ve always donated the hogs we’ve culled but this year with meat short supplied 2 of us are freezing and canning everything we can. A number of calibers can be converted.
    23 can be converted to 9mm or 357sig without any change to extractor$150 for a barrel $20 for a magazine

6. dj40cal

dj40cal

7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I figured, seems they have some BS business practices now. Can you not find one locally?

8. dj40cal

dj40cal

I've been trying to find a G23 for the past month no where locally. I'll have to find somewhere online and maybe gen a FFL transfer to my local gun shop. Very frustrated. Someone mentioned PK Firearms having one with night sights. It actually looks like a really good deal. I wonder if it's brand new or not? This one in particular hopefully the link works: https://pkfirearms.com/glock-23-gen-3-night-sights-40-sw

9. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Ill PM you in a bit

10. dj40cal

dj40cal

Thanks for the heads up. I contacted PK Firearms yesterday and they had 1 left in stock so I made a purchase with them. Got an FFL transfer to my local gun shop and the gun is on the way just got the tracking info earlier this afternoon. Again, thank you for the heads up I appreciate it.

flyby1971 and Folsom_Prison like this.
  11. fxstchewy

fxstchewy

Glock 23 Gen3 was my first Glock, it's a keeper.

garya1961 likes this.
  12. dj40cal

dj40cal

I shot one before, I just always wanted one. My local gun shop got it in today, going to pick up tomorrow.

L-2 likes this.
  13. TriggerMan19

TriggerMan19

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth into the conversation on the 23. I picked up a LE trade in at GT Distributors about 6 months ago. $359.00 plus tax got me a like new G23 Gen4 w/Trijicon night sights,6 mags with original box and all paper work.It literally appeared to have never been carried. Out of the 8 Glocks I own this is hands down the most accurate one in the group. I am sure you will not finds deal like this in the current climate we find ourselves today. I love mine,I'm sure yours will be a keeper too! Be safe.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  14. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I just started looking for one, took about three months to get a Gen 3 G-19 I picked up a few weeks ago.
    The fun begins!

15. dj40cal

dj40cal

I'm very excited to get mine. Unfortunately I had to work OT at work so I wasn't able to make it to the gun shop today so I'll pick up tomorrow. They closed about an hour after I got out of work which sucks. However, I'm off tomorrow so tomorrow is the day!

Good luck! Yeah I was looking for a while and couldn't find one anywhere. I tried ordering from bass pro, but they accepted my order, I made the transaction, they had me on process for 3 days, I called and asked why I had my order cancelled, and the dude on the phone at the firearms department was giving me an attitude so they definitely lost my business. Someone on this thread told me there was a G23 for sale at PK Firearms website and I bought the one with the night sights.

If you are still looking for a G23 gen 3... there is a G23 still available at PK with Fiber optic front sights (I took the one with the night sights, which isn't available anymore they had 1 left.) Here is the link if you are interested: https://pkfirearms.com/glock-23-40-sw-fiber-optic-front-sight

16. flyby1971

flyby1971

Glad to hear it. Enjoy and may you never NEED to shoot it.

17. chuck73080

chuck73080

Last February I snagged a lightly used Gen 4 23/ 7 13rd mags (only one used)/1 new 22rd mag/box/accessories for $365 on GB. Had to add AG Hackathorn NS.

G23.4.jpg

My wife still hasn't figured out I added another gun, good thing Glocks look alike.

Arsenal.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  18. dj40cal

dj40cal

[​IMG]Got my gun today!

Attached Files:

19. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Sweet, I wish I had your luck, well worth the wait.

20. dj40cal

dj40cal

Meanwhile, I ordered some ammo from PK about a few days ago. They said tracking was sent even though I checked all my spam filters. I asked if they could send the tracking number again yesterday, and no response. Today I sent them another message, and the day is almost over and still don't have my tracking information and I had my receipt for 4 days now. Not happy.