GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Okay so I found the model number I guess I missed it during check out haha it's: PI2350201 which is the gen 3 g23 it also states it comes with 2 mags like someone previously stated above gen 3s come with 2 mags and gen 4s come with 3.
Here's some more good info to know about Gen 3 Glocks. The Navy Seals recently added the Glock 19 to their "approved arsenal," and specified Gen 3 Glock 19. Here's why: All Gen 3 Glocks have a single coil guide rod. Gen 4 and above have the captured double coil. The double has the propensity to collect debris and malfunction quicker than the single coil. You can imagine the Seals are often getting sand and seaweed, ocean junk into their side arms. The Gen 3 keeps functioning longer than Gen 4, according to all their field testing and comparisons. Then, I already told you about the Glock 23 - how easy it is to convert it. A Glock 23 is 3 guns in one. 9mm, 40 caliber, and 357 Sig. It comes from factory a .40, but 9mm and 357 Sig conversion takes less than 60 seconds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here's some more good info to know about Gen 3 Glocks. The Navy Seals recently added the Glock 19 to their "approved arsenal," and specified Gen 3 Glock 19. Here's why: All Gen 3 Glocks have a single coil guide rod. Gen 4 and above have the captured double coil. The double has the propensity to collect debris and malfunction quicker than the single coil. You can imagine the Seals are often getting sand and seaweed, ocean junk into their side arms. The Gen 3 keeps functioning longer than Gen 4, according to all their field testing and comparisons. Then, I already told you about the Glock 23 - how easy it is to convert it. A Glock 23 is 3 guns in one. 9mm, 40 caliber, and 357 Sig. It comes from factory a .40, but 9mm and 357 Sig conversion takes less than 60 seconds.
Wow this is some great information once again! Very much appreciated. Yeah it seems like the Glock 23 has a lot of options as far as conversions which is always nice!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Should they decide to screw you on a run around... PK firearms has a G23 for cheaper. Even has night sights.

·
RIP BUDDY
3,654 Posts
Prefer gen 3 to gen 4
We have both 23 & 27 issue
21’s & 30 if we pay for the ammunition, holsters. I also use a 10mm conversion for hogs and bear country. We’ve always donated the hogs we’ve culled but this year with meat short supplied 2 of us are freezing and canning everything we can. A number of calibers can be converted.
23 can be converted to 9mm or 357sig without any change to extractor$150 for a barrel $20 for a magazine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I figured, seems they have some BS business practices now. Can you not find one locally?
I've been trying to find a G23 for the past month no where locally. I'll have to find somewhere online and maybe gen a FFL transfer to my local gun shop. Very frustrated. Someone mentioned PK Firearms having one with night sights. It actually looks like a really good deal. I wonder if it's brand new or not? This one in particular hopefully the link works: https://pkfirearms.com/glock-23-gen-3-night-sights-40-sw

·
Brew Crew
28,966 Posts
I've been trying to find a G23 for the past month no where locally. I'll have to find somewhere online and maybe gen a FFL transfer to my local gun shop. Very frustrated. Someone mentioned PK Firearms having one with night sights. It actually looks like a really good deal. I wonder if it's brand new or not? This one in particular hopefully the link works: https://pkfirearms.com/glock-23-gen-3-night-sights-40-sw
Ill PM you in a bit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Should they decide to screw you on a run around... PK firearms has a G23 for cheaper. Even has night sights.
Thanks for the heads up. I contacted PK Firearms yesterday and they had 1 left in stock so I made a purchase with them. Got an FFL transfer to my local gun shop and the gun is on the way just got the tracking info earlier this afternoon. Again, thank you for the heads up I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth into the conversation on the 23. I picked up a LE trade in at GT Distributors about 6 months ago. $359.00 plus tax got me a like new G23 Gen4 w/Trijicon night sights,6 mags with original box and all paper work.It literally appeared to have never been carried. Out of the 8 Glocks I own this is hands down the most accurate one in the group. I am sure you will not finds deal like this in the current climate we find ourselves today. I love mine,I'm sure yours will be a keeper too! Be safe.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
I just started looking for one, took about three months to get a Gen 3 G-19 I picked up a few weeks ago.
The fun begins!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth into the conversation on the 23. I picked up a LE trade in at GT Distributors about 6 months ago. $359.00 plus tax got me a like new G23 Gen4 w/Trijicon night sights,6 mags with original box and all paper work.It literally appeared to have never been carried. Out of the 8 Glocks I own this is hands down the most accurate one in the group. I am sure you will not finds deal like this in the current climate we find ourselves today. I love mine,I'm sure yours will be a keeper too! Be safe.
I'm very excited to get mine. Unfortunately I had to work OT at work so I wasn't able to make it to the gun shop today so I'll pick up tomorrow. They closed about an hour after I got out of work which sucks. However, I'm off tomorrow so tomorrow is the day!

I just started looking for one, took about three months to get a Gen 3 G-19 I picked up a few weeks ago.
The fun begins!
Good luck! Yeah I was looking for a while and couldn't find one anywhere. I tried ordering from bass pro, but they accepted my order, I made the transaction, they had me on process for 3 days, I called and asked why I had my order cancelled, and the dude on the phone at the firearms department was giving me an attitude so they definitely lost my business. Someone on this thread told me there was a G23 for sale at PK Firearms website and I bought the one with the night sights.

If you are still looking for a G23 gen 3... there is a G23 still available at PK with Fiber optic front sights (I took the one with the night sights, which isn't available anymore they had 1 left.) Here is the link if you are interested: https://pkfirearms.com/glock-23-40-sw-fiber-optic-front-sight

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I contacted PK Firearms yesterday and they had 1 left in stock so I made a purchase with them. Got an FFL transfer to my local gun shop and the gun is on the way just got the tracking info earlier this afternoon. Again, thank you for the heads up I appreciate it.
Glad to hear it. Enjoy and may you never NEED to shoot it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Last February I snagged a lightly used Gen 4 23/ 7 13rd mags (only one used)/1 new 22rd mag/box/accessories for $365 on GB. Had to add AG Hackathorn NS.

G23.4.jpg

My wife still hasn't figured out I added another gun, good thing Glocks look alike.

Arsenal.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Meanwhile, I ordered some ammo from PK about a few days ago. They said tracking was sent even though I checked all my spam filters. I asked if they could send the tracking number again yesterday, and no response. Today I sent them another message, and the day is almost over and still don't have my tracking information and I had my receipt for 4 days now. Not happy.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts