close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do they know you have a F.A.?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bog_guest, Dec 4, 2006.

1. bog_guest

bog_guest

your parents:upeyes:

I don't know about your parents, but we all know how some react to the word "gun". Sometimes no matter how we explain or reason out why some of us need to purchase a firearm, they just won't get it.

Let me see, the reason why I purchased my first ever F.A. is because of the recent gun show, price drop, grew up with guns ( old man use to have lots of 'em ) he lost interest but not me. Self defense.... maybe but I do try to avoid trouble as much as I can, then again what if trouble comes lookin for you.

Recreation:thumbsup: I'm gonna hit the range as soon as I get mine.

Just needed to vent:supergrin: waiting sucks!!!!
    I know it's gonna be more than a month or more and no chance to try it(gun ban)

Plus I have to keep an eye out for that letter daw that they mail you from Crame. If not, buking:supergrin:
    BTW, when do they send that letter out?

ah...feels much better now:banana:

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

IMHO lang, if you live with your parents then they have the right to know that you have a firearm in the house. Might be more of a liability if it is left at home. Para din they know to step out of your line of fire in case someone breaks in!

3. bog_guest

bog_guest

I hate to agree with you bikethief, but letting them know just won't work. I have a feeling they won't mind wasting the assistance fee that I paid as long as I don't own a F.A.

We all know that there is a firearm in the house right now, I know where my old man keeps it. But to get to it means he has to go down stairs and open a lock door, open a cabinet, open the case which has two small padlocks and thats it. Although I'm not sure if he has one in their room, hard to tell.

The first thing I'm gonna do if I do get that F.A. is to purchase a small safe and keep it in there! The safe would be in a safe place :supergrin: it's already been planned and no one would know where it is. It's just going to be range...safe...range...safe.

The last thing we all wanna do is to use it on somebody, but if the time comes that I need to defend myself and my family... I'll use it, I just don't know how easy it will be for me to get over the thought of taking someones life.

Which leads me to a question for BOG members...

Who here had to use their F.A. out of self defense and resulted in fatality for the BG? How did you feel? did it bother you or something, gave you nightmares and stuff?

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

+1

Since you live in their house, you should abide by their rules. Mamaya may pumasok sa inyong magnanakaw tapos bigla mo ilabas iyang armas mo e baka mag-high blood pa parents mo sa takot sa iyo (unexpected kasi at hindi nila alam na may baril ka).

IMHO guns are just a form of insurance. You buy it and hope that you won't have to use it on somebody. Para hindi masayang, go into the shooting sports. If you get to shoot somebody andami pang legal repercussions yan.

I haven't shot somebody and I don't intend to. When I was younger, I get to shoot birds with my airgun. Nagsawa rin ako dahil naawa ako.

5. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

+1 bro. i definitely agree. i just dont know how people who kill for a living can sleep. believe me bro, minsan naiisip ko rin yan. Geee, i can't even shoot a cat or chicken -:)

6. zorkd

zorkd

how old are ba sir bog_guest if i may ask?

anyway, it is better that everybody in the household knows there is a firearm in the house, it is legally documented, and know how to handle it safely, if not even to fire it accurately.

better they know about it than they get surprised by it, especially if there are children around, it is better to educate them to remove the mystique of guns that hollywood or video games might give to them. i believe it is this mystique that makes some people, not only children, think that there is some sort of magical power that can be attributed to firearms.

7. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

my dad since time memorial already had lots of guns. at age 13 he gave me a 9mm because at age 11 i started hanging out with my cousin who was shooting ipsc way back and i got hooked into it also...fastforward to the present time...guns are all over the house and everybody knows that it's there but it's not also a toy (the kids know that also). But it's still considered as a non living, non breathing, and non leathal THING without the one holding it. Remember, fear emanates from unfamiliarity..simple, familiarize and educate them about it.

My take on this one is for u to let them know...at least ur dad...tell him ur into sport shooting...show him the BOGS video malay mo he might join u pa :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

8. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I got my Colt Mustang .380 from my Dad when I turned 21. That was 16 years ago.

KevlarSix

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Maybe their apprehension comes for the idea that they see you are not responsible enough to own guns. Or maybe mainitin ang ulo mo and they fear you will resort to guns for the wrong reasons. In that case, mahirap talaga pakibagayan ang ganyang situation mo. My dad taught me about guns. But now that Im all grown up and stronger than he is and has more experience than him when it comes to firearms, he knows that the responsibility of defending the family now primarily rests with me.

10. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Just to add, just last year my family and I have subscribed to the policy of "No Toy Guns Allowed" in our house. Toy guns in any form, especially airsoft gun, will not be tolerated. We now have kids in the house and we beleive that a child could not differentiate a toy gun from the real ones. And kids should not be given the idea of a gun as a toy but as a tool. It may be used as a tool for sport, but it is definitely not a toy.

If a child is old enough to handle toy guns, then that child is old enough to be taught around real guns.

11. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I allow toy guns in the house as long as they are the colored ones (Yellow, Green, Red and etc.) No toy guns in black, brown and silver.

KevlarSix

12. bog_guest

bog_guest

I appreciate all your suggestions BOGs!!! And thanks for convincing me to tell at least my dad about it, I'm sure he's gonna get upset because I already purchased one before asking for his permission. Worst case, he'll allow me but the F.A. will be in his custody.

zorkd
    dude wala na tayo sa calendaryo:animlol:

i_am_infinity
    you really have a cool dad there, wow at the age of 13?!?! My old man is the serious, quiet, if we don't have anything to talk about won't talk to you type:upeyes: he's a good dad, i know where he's coming from with all the strict rules and stuff.

darwin25
    That's the hardest part there, convincing them that I'm responsible to own one. I mean what else is there to prove. I'm sure lahat naman tayo umi-init ulo from time to time but I doubt na mamaril ako ng tao dahil mainit ulo ko:tongueout:

pero seriously yung letter daw na mang gagaling sa crame, may dadating ba talagang ganun:supergrin:

13. jasonub

jasonub

tell him youd like to buy a gun. then you will know if he approves or not. if approved then alls fine. tell him that you will put it on a safe.

If he doesnt want you to have one, the door is open. your old enough to support yourself naman diba:thumbsup:

14. Wp.22

Wp.22

in my family im the first to have a gun aside from my father who surrender their guns during martial law. I tried telling my dad na meron akong baril kaya lang naunahan ako nung cancer nya. The letter from crame was recieved by my mom na pwde na raw kunin yung ID so doon nalaman ng mom ko. yung isang elder sister ko lang ang medyoo hindi cool sa guns other than that my other siblings are cool about it.

and also my wife's family also knows that i have guns pati nga si father in law na convince ko to get a glock 17. medyo allergic pa si mother -in law sa baril nerbyoso kasi.

15. toxic

toxic

Bog-guest welcome to the forum..

if you are still young or kahit na adult na living in the same roof with your parents..Yes out of respect and everyones safety ,you need to inform them that you have or will have a firearm of your own.

In my case ..My Mom and late Dad were exposed/inclined already to firearms specially my late dad coz we have lots of relative who were LEO , CHDF and local Govt official and when we see each other pakitaan ng firearms and paputukan sa likod bahay,.. so when i purchased my 1st firearm they just asked what do i need it for ,told them for self defense and Competetive shooting..Their reply was just "ah" sige ingat lang,but before i bought my firearm i conditioned their minds first by showing them DVD ,magazines,books about guns and clippings about the Pro and Cons of having a firearm in the house.
    i personally tried to shoot a BG on top of a neighbors roof when i was still young and stupid using my Dads snubie ,luckily di pumutok(paltik kase)nahuli naman kaya nakigulpe na lang ako...honestly i dont know what will be my reaction now that im an adult.

Yes you need a safe/vault for your firearm coz kids and sometimes adults are curious about guns"accidents happen" so you better educate everyone in your household and make sure you can easily access your vault..buy the digital type and store the guns and ammo seperately.

Waiting for your firearm really sucks, but you can always rent one from a gunrange and shoot it there as much as you can.

16. TTPower

TTPower

hi bog_guest... i experienced the same thing when i bought my 1st gun. i dint tell my parents about it at first but my dad eventually found out. well he just told me that i should be carefull and be more responsible with it. but my mom was a different story... she thinks that guns are nothing but trouble hahahahaha :2gun: i suggest u tell ur dad 1st im sure he will be the one to tell ur mom. anyway they will find out sooner or later even if u keep it in a safe... trust me i bought a safe too :rofl:

so what gun did u get at the gunshow????

17. bog_guest

bog_guest

the pressure is on for me to tell:faint: hahahaha!!!!

toxic
    you mentioned how kids get curious, I remember when I was a kid I took a round from a magazine and when I got it off it may a snappy sound!!! Boy was my heart pounding that time!!!

titi power
    i got a g23 at the gun show

So that letter from Crame is only a notice that your license is for pick-up already? Is that the last I will receive from them?:supergrin:

Thanks everyone!!!

18. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Welcome to the forum, Bog_guest :)

I'm assuming there are no children living or frequent visitors in your house. If there are, you should tell your parents that you just acquired a gun and it should be kept out of reach of the children, as what toxic suggested.

19. Allegra

Allegra

I just walked over to my mom w/ my new gun tucked on my waist
    All she said was , "ang yabang mo" hehe
    My mom is pretty cool, nagalit lang siya when she recieved her credit card bill at the end of the month

20. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

for me, i dont bother telling my dad....he'll just give me a sermon about how dangerous it is, the same thing i got when i was riding a motor bike. so i just keep quiet and take all the neccessary precautions.