close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

do o.a.l. and cycling guns go hand and hand

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gone hunting, Mar 15, 2010.

1. gone hunting

gone hunting

ive been reloading for my g34 (9mm) and cant find a load which both cycles the gun and is accurate 4.1 gr of titegroup is very accurate but wont cycle nor will 4.3gr 4.4gr is the max end of the load.im useing 115gr plated rn bullet and cci primers 4.3gr of 231 cycles but is not as accurate as the titegroup load. im seating the bullets at an oal of 1.155 if i start seating the bullets at 1.130 will this safely build enough pressure to cycle my glock i was thinking to go .005 at a time till the gun cycles i have alot of 115gr plated bullets so i would like to make these work

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

You should be posting this in the reloading forum. The mods will close this unless they take mercy on you as a first time poster and move it.

3. Scott30

Scott30

What did he just type? I got a headache before the end of the second row.

As stated, this should go to the reloading section. Please use proper American English when you retype it. Capitalization, punctuation and double space between sentences will be your friend.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Your WW231 load is way too light. You need to load to a velocity of at least 1,125 fps with a stock recoil spring. 1,180 fps would be better, and 1,200 would be about max with used brass. WW231 is a poor choice to achieve those velocities. 4.2-gr of Titegroup and a Sierra 115-gr FMJ at 1.100 OAL will get you close.

If you are going for maximum accuracy, use a Remington 147-gr Match or Montana Gold 147 over 5.0-gr of AA#5.