Do not count on the "police" in California

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by "Doc" Cavalry, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Gundude

Gundude

Hmm, a lot quieter in this thread the last couple days. I guess watching a guy brazenly invite a confrontation and then run to the cops when he got it so that they could save his ass doesn't pack quite the punch the original false narrative did.

Of course, the real lesson here is beware of short video clips that come with a narrative attached.

I have my doubts anybody will heed that lesson.

holyjohnson and ancient_serpent like this.
  2. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

The real narrative here is that leftist cops run by leftist political hacks, don't protect your right to speak as well as they protect the "right" of leftists to riot and destroy property.

Spare mags. I get the message. Carry those. I have some, and encourage others to have them.

steve4102 likes this.

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Looks like it's only unlawful to possess ... "within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place, any firearm after having first been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration was taking place at a public place and after having been ordered by such officer to remove himself or herself from the prescribed area until such time as he or she no longer was in possession of any firearm. This subsection shall not apply to any person in possession of or having on his or her person any firearm within a private dwelling or other private building or structure."

Sounds like a simple trespass warning, which only applies after a cop orders you to leave during a demonstration and you refuse.
    Some states have even higher penalties for armed trespass.

4. ChuteTheMall

5. marchboom

marchboom

Regarding a lawsuit where the cops didn't do anything, I didn't say the plaintiff would win the case. Probably wouldn't. But for the city/county to just answer the complaint costs money. Money that would be better spent elsewhere.

6. Gundude

Gundude

That's the narrative, but that video doesn't provide a shred of evidence for that narrative. You're playing the exact same game as those who show videos of cops beating black guys as evidence of the narrative that cops are racist. You completely ignore the part where the "victim" brought the whole thing on himself.

holyjohnson likes this.
  7. ChuteTheMall

Not according to the legal community which spawns the politicians.

8. Paul7

Paul7

A client in San Francisco said if the cops catch you breaking into a car the worst that will happen is a ticket.