Do not count on the "police" in California

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by "Doc" Cavalry, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Mark2Glock

Mark2Glock Redneck Handyman

I be taking along a lot of collateral with me if one of snowflakes dare try to attack me regardless!

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It could be. The twinkies trying to stomp his knees were possibly going to do some damage, and I'm wondering who is training the fascists to do that.
    This whole SJW movement seems to geared around making the police look like fascists and the police seem to be taking a hands off approach (instead of getting baited into getting filmed in action).

3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

California is a large State and you might get varying responses depending where an incident occurs.

Having said that, based on what you typically see on the internet and recent history, him getting his ass stomped while the police stand by in certain CA jurisdictions is not really all that surprising is it?

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

4. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

What is Antifa?

5. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Per Google:

Antifaschistische Aktion, Antifascistische Aktie or Antifascistisk Aktion — abbreviated as Antifa (German/Dutch) or AFA (Scandinavian) — is a militant extra-parliamentary network in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark and other countries, whose stated goal is to "smash fascism in all its forms".

Probably was culturally appropriated by the American left. :rofl:

Regards,

Wayward Son likes this.
  6. First shot

First shot

That's why I said that I would definitely "end up in jail". That's also why I said that my days of being at anything like that are long gone. That's also why I would have been a horrible police officer. No patience for that kind of crap. Thanks Doc, First shot.

7. Monkeybomb

Monkeybomb Resident Misanthrope

So, You have a dude that intentionally places himself in a bad position. Makes no effort to either evade or defend himself. He is then rescued. He put himself in that position.

They did their job.

Unfortunately, with limited resources, they can't do what should be done and chase down every single one of the turds and throw them in jail.

They fall back to the next best thing. Review videos, identify suspects and arrest them later if possible.

aircarver likes this.
  8. Surtur

Surtur

as soon as that girl threw a punch at my ribs she would be picking her teeth up off the ground with a bunch of broken fingers.

stupid commies, may they all die a horrible death.

holyjohnson, marchboom and steve4102 like this.
  9. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

We need some better less lethal weapons, something that puts people down, imobilizes or stuns them long enough that officers don't have to wade in, pushing attackers away to get to the one dangerous one. Then they can come back and arrest the other scum running interference for them as well.

Would love to see hundreds of new convicted felons this summer. Maybe thousands. No voting rights b****, no job, better hope Soros remembers to mail you a check to make up for it.

happyguy likes this.
  10. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Regards,

11. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

12. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Still looks to be a little late for me. No arrests or apprehensions that I could see either.

This kind of stuff really makes me angry in places where you aren't allowed to defend yourself.

I'm not dissing on all police. I am very PRO police. I'm seeing a bit too much leeway given by California cops lately.

13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

"There's nothing like a nice piece of hickory."-- Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider

14. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

That is, what, 1% less lethal than hardball? Great movie though.

15. bdcochran

bdcochran

Actually, it proves the following points:
    1. a number of the members in this forum are smart. They know the video is cut off so that no police response is shown. They know that the police were under some orders and they probably included doing a specific job before deciding to act on their own.

2. that you are an idiot if you think walking around agitated people with a big stick and actively inflaming them will not draw a reaction. Pick the worst section of your town. Get drunk. Make sure where you walk is absolutely dark and make sure that there are gang members on hand to mug you. Sure, you have the "right" to be there and lack the smarts to stay away.

My dad has a saying that if you met a strange dog on the street, just walk to the other side. Today, we use the expression "situational awareness". Your assaulted person was clearly situationally aware. So was the person taking the video. So was the woman and the other demonstrators. So were the police. So were the people who watched the video. Thus, what was viewed was no accident.

ModGlock17 and Handwrecker like this.
  16. marchboom

marchboom

Liberal politicians, sheriffs and police chiefs are the problem here. Cops are just following orders. If people get hurt because cops didn't get involved then the people might sue the city. If the cops do their job and someone gets hurt (real or imagined) then they sue the city. It's a no win situation. Either way the city (aka the taxpayers) picks up the bill. Pretty soon the city goes bankrupt. Cops get fed up with the crap and leave for another jurisdiction. Liberal cities have trouble recruiting cops and either have to pay a lot more to get people or lower their standards and that never works well.

Liberalism destroys society...any society.

staylor, oldman11 and happyguy like this.
  17. pabloford

pabloford

Don't go to California. Problem solved. Why do you care?

18. pabloford

pabloford

As for police response or non response it is easier to avoid liability via inaction than action.

And California has the highest per capita lawyers of any state. A federal civil rights lawsuit is like an ATM for lawyers.

19. Surtur

Surtur

hickory shampoo for them all.

20. bdcochran

bdcochran

Except for the following. Most departments/cities/counties are way ahead of the curve. They already have a stable of experienced attorneys in federal court. Federal Court rules and procedures are far removed from state rules and procedures. Young attorneys regularly get their ears boxed when the LA City Attorney has a state case removed to Federal Court. I don't know how they do it, but it is done.

Now for the humor.

A number of years ago, LAPD had a special unit that would track the really bad guys. S.I.S. targets bad guys that other detective divisions have identified as habitual offenders, and use their surveillance techniques to make sure that they will be there to take the suspect down during the commission of a crime. They tracked a carload of bad guys who specialized in robbing McDonald's when they would open. So, the bad guys were tracked from the beach and out to the San Fernando Valley. When the bad guys were done with the robbery of the day at McDonald's and sitting in their getaway car, all were killed resisting arrest.

A fool of a lawyer took the case. I forget his name. He specialized in the same. LA does not settle cases until the day of trial or they go right through trial. Experienced lawyers know this policy has existed for many years. Well, the case went to trial in federal court the the judgment was for a whopping $36,000 or $5-$6000 per bad guy. The lawyer lost his shirt trying the case.

When you read in the paper about big civil settlements, do a little more digging into the facts. When a whopping settlement is made, some department policy has been broken. Flinty eyed, experienced lawyers have repeatedly looked at the claim. You should also be aware that if there is a big, whopping settlement, some doctors and hospitals and/or insurance companies have already filed liens against the potential recovery at the ATM machine.