Do not count on the "police" in California

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by "Doc" Cavalry, Feb 11, 2017.

1. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

I was sickened by this video. It's not gory, it's not graphic, but it proves one point. The police in California are NOT police.

If you are a conservative in enemy territory, go armed or keep a low profile while alone. Evidently it's open season on you.

nursetim, tic-tok-GLOCK and JMag like this.
  2. glockzilla10mm

glockzilla10mm SAFETY PIN CRITIC!! Lifetime Member

Hell my good Doctor, I've been doing it for well over 30 years now...I have no plans to STOP. And I live in the South! : rofl:
    Improvise
    Adapt
    Overcome.

nursetim and "Doc" Cavalry like this.

3. First shot

First shot

First off, my days of hanging around a protest are long gone. If I was there, I'd be carrying. If I was attacked like that guy, I'd definitely end up in jail, but there'd be a few less of those violent agitators above ground.

vikingsoftpaw and Beermeister like this.
  4. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's a very convenient place to stop the video to fit an agenda. Any idea what happened after it stopped? I don't know, either.

5. "Doc" Cavalry

Know your laws. Know them well. Evade if possible, stay safe aggressively if necessary.

First shot likes this.
  6. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

What's the agenda?

7. walt cowan

walt cowan

They will scream out in pain as they strike you.

8. "Doc" Cavalry

We saw this at Trump's rally in Oakland too.

If there is more to the video, I'd like to see it. He was pleading for protection, and was getting ground stomped well beyond what could have been stopped. The moment the others made physical contact with him a crime had been committed. Are you saying maybe the "police" let the guy get the "appropriate level" of ass whooping before they stepped in?

nursetim and steve4102 like this.
  9. Taft93730

Taft93730

Yes, in California it is illegal to carry near a protest/demonstration.

10. "Doc" Cavalry

What if I am going to a grocery store, and while I'm inside someone decides to protest milk outside?

Are there any allowances for inadvertently ending up in the middle of trouble?

First shot likes this.
  11. crockett

crockett

Where's the rest of the video? I have a feeling that police intervened when the fight started.

Looks like that dude put himself on the plate too. Not smart.

And who knows how the policy of the PD is or what the briefing for this protest was. I could imagine that the bigger picture - preventing a fully blown riot with police involvement - trumped a single confrontation as long as nobody gets killed.

One thing is for sure: this 45 second video does not portrait this situation adequately. Let alone to make such a statement for all police departments of an entire state.

12. TeaDub

TeaDub

What's with the "STAND DOWN" command right at the end? Did some of the officers start moving toward the assault? I'd love to see another minute of video.

13. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

I hate to say it, but if those Leftist fools keep acting like little Hitlers, they are not going to like the outcome. There are far more of us than them.

Hopefully this type of unAmerican behavior will be limited mostly to Kalifornia. If we're really lucky the entire cesspool of a state will take a salt bath.

nursetim likes this.
  14. Taft93730

Taft93730

I think you walk away. Intent is always a factor.

15. "Doc" Cavalry

After several times being shot at with things police can't even buy at their local gun store, in the air and on the ground, I would try real hard to avoid trouble. I probably don't have much luck left.

Still, here in Texas, those little rioters would have been stopped before they got to him.

RussP, nursetim and aircarver like this.
  16. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Just like the zoo, you can go watch the primates fling poo but you have to pay for parking.

Lt. Donn and aircarver like this.
  17. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Here's Alabama's statute on this:

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to have in his or her possession or on his or her person or in any vehicle any firearm while participating in or attending any demonstration being held at a public place.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer as defined in subsection (a) of this section, to have in his or her possession or about his or her person or in any vehicle at a point within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place, any firearm after having first been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration was taking place at a public place and after having been ordered by such officer to remove himself or herself from the prescribed area until such time as he or she no longer was in possession of any firearm. This subsection shall not apply to any person in possession of or having on his or her person any firearm within a private dwelling or other private building or structure.

(d) Any person violating any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided by law.

18. 7th District

7th District

I was just researching this clip yesterday. Apparently the girl in the video is a local teacher.

As far as leftist/democratic violence goes, this video is even worse.

Late last year she was even allowed to return to work at her school district. I hate to say it, but if that doesn't get a teacher fired, maybe California is truly lost. :(

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/11/02/yvette-felarca-to-return-to-berkeley-classroom-today/

19. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

What if you have no legs?

20. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

Just saw the video posted by 7th. nevermind