close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Do non-communicative sellers make you nervous?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by djs, Nov 1, 2002.

1. djs

djs

Let me start by saying I'm not accusing anybody of anything, just relating an experience.

Guy posts an ad in the accessories section for a small item. I post within a couple of hours that I'll take it. No email was provided. I send a PM to ask where to send the money and how.

Three days go by with no response. I then get a PM to send certified check or money order to an address which I get in the mail less than 24 hours. I send a PM letting him know the money is on the way and asking him to notify me when he gets it. 4 days go by with nothing so I send another PM asking if he got it. No reply. Another 4 days go by and that leads us up to today.

I'm sure there are a million reasons why the guy could be busy but how much time does it take to reply to a PM?

Just venting, its small potatoes if this does not work out but it is irritating.

David

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

djs, I'm sorry about your experience and I hope the guy is just busy and not trying to burn you. Maybe the first time it took three days to answer the red flag should of went up. You are probably like me and try to give everyone a chance but you wish they would be somewhat considerate. I sold a couple of items here on the nets (GT, Sigforum, E-bay etc.) I take the stuff to the P.O. as soon as I get their M.O. I bet I didn't wait but 10 minutes because I knew they wanted the items right away. I then would come home from the P.O. and e-mail them and let them know the package I.D. number and to be on the lookout for it. I hope it all works out for you and I am sure it's nothing too serious and the guy is just busy. At least I always hope so. Best of Luck and keep the faith! Eddie:)

3. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Djs, Yes, it makes me nervous when someone doesn't respond or reply. I know it is too late for this transaction but I always get a legitimate phone number. A short phone call, even long distance, is worth the money. As a matter of fact, I will not buy anything from someone that I do not get a number from. If they cheat me, at least I will bug them to death with phone calls. Fortunately, I have always had good success, even on the auctions.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

mark, good idea. i don't think any scumbags would give you the number or want to talk to you on the phone if they're going to rip you off. cockroaches scatter when the light comes on!

djs, yes it's very annoying. if you're refering the the belt it will be a small bit of chalk for experience. i don't think anybody would burn you for that much. a gun yes.

good luck.

5. REFLEX

REFLEX

That would really irratate me, at least he could let you know what's up. IMO you should have recieved the items already, or at least an email. You should just let us know who it is to prevent this kind of crap from happening to others. Good luck.

6. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

8 days and you still don't have your item. if he isn't ripping you off he's a bad seller.

like reflex said, atleast let others know how this person does business.

7. mikemck

mikemck

Did you even check to see if the seller had read the PM(s) that you sent?
    If he has not read them, I would not get too worked up over not hearing from him.

On the other hand, if he has read them, I would be a bit upset. This kind of crap is becoming the norm, and I have reached my saturation limit with losers that can't be bothered to reply to a simple PM..

8. bitterspleaf

bitterspleaf

Yes, non-communicative sellers make me VERY nervous. I can't justify sending out money orders to people that can't take the time to respond to emails/pm's etc. In my opinion those types are just not that interested in selling the item, or they like playing with people's emotions, make them worry etc. This is especially true of places such as Gunbroker(for me). I now have a little test that I do just to make myself feel better about who I do business with. I send an email to the seller, usually with a simple or very applicable question. If it takes more than 48 hours for that person to respond(without some sort of legitimate excuse), or if the seller responds with one or two word answers I just simply move on. The way I see it, if someone takes that long to respond, or if when they do finally respond they can't type more than one whole sentence(unless the question called for a short answer such as "yes, still for sale", I just simply move on and don't bother with that particular seller EVER again. If it's too hard for a seller to keep me updated, then it's too hard for me to go through the trouble of obtaining and sending them a M.O. Nobody likes to be kept in the dark.

9. djs

djs

arrived Monday. Just guess I need to be more patient.

David

10. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

djs, glad to hear it. Also you were right to be annoyed and a little worried the seller still did not use good judgement and I would be careful from buying from him in the future.
    bitterspleaf you are totally right in your answer and I feel just as you do. If they can't be bothered answering me then I can't be bothered sending them my hard earned money. Right on! Eddie.

11. TexasG23

TexasG23

I'm going through the same thing right now. Seller was very responsive for two days, and then nothing. Three emails, a PM and a post over the course of 8 days and no response (or product) yet. I used paypal with a credit card so at least I won't be out the cash, just the wasted time ;6