Do I want a makarov

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FireForged, Mar 8, 2010.

1. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Tell me about Makarovs.. Is the grip on the single stack version smaller than the double stack version. I am considering ordering one to a local FFL but am curious if the grip will be too large. I like pistols with a grip similar to the BHP or Khar. Anything larger than the grip on a Glock is too large.

Who makes the best MAkarov? These things just look interesting and the price is very inviting.

2. geronimo509

geronimo509

East Germans are good shooters but they are usually more expensive. The grip is much smaller than a glock, and bigger than a pm9.

3. Duct Tape

Duct Tape

Yes, you want one. The East German ones are great!

4. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

They are great guns. If you can get one in good condition for less than $250 I would say go for it.

My Bulgy makes a great CCW gun. I got it when the price was really good on them ($125 shipped) in like new condition.

5. atakawow

atakawow

+1 on getting it. I got mine and they are the best gun investments I've ever made. The grip fits my hand perfectly, and it's much slimmer compared to a Glock. I got the single stack, not sure how much larger the double stack is.

You can't go wrong with any Makarovs. I own an East German and a Bulgarian. The EG has a smoother trigger pull but is a bit rare and more expensive. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  6. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

7. diode

diode

The blow-back design is simple and accurate, the ammo can be powerful and somewhat at times, more available the .380 has been. It lacks the many bullet styles of a .380 round but most will agree, the FMJ in these calibers is the best choice for self defense. Better than a .38 or 9mm loaded correctly, no. Better than a .25 or .32 or a large rock, you bet!
    I like mine.

jb

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

You can't really go wrong with a makarov, be it E German, Bulgarian, Chinese or Russian.
    The E. Germans are the most finely crafted, the Russians offer the adj sight and Bulgarian is usually the best value. They all are excellent shooters, super reliable and accurate.

9. Kozel

Kozel

Why not just get Mak in 380? I have Russian Mak in 380 and it is very solid, almost pocket size pistol. Half the number of parts of Walter PPK and half the price.