Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Do you prefer .40S&W over 9mm? If so get the G27 Gen4.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you prefer .40S&W over 9mm? If so get the G27 Gen4.

I have a gen 4 22 and dig it. I also got a Lone Wolf conversion to shoot 9mm out of it. I was thinking I could do the same with the 27. Thing is that ends up being $260.00. I'm not made of money but I could do it and not miss any meals. I am afraid I may look back and think WTF. My 26 is nice..:supergrin:

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I have a gen 4 22 and dig it. I also got a Lone Wolf conversion to shoot 9mm out of it. I was thinking I could do the same with the 27. Thing is that ends up being $260.00. I'm not made of money but I could do it and not miss any meals. I am afraid I may look back and think WTF. My 26 is nice..:supergrin:
If you are happy with the 9mm do not buy the G27. It will be so similar a gun you will lose the "new gun" rush and just be out the extra money.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are happy with the 9mm do not buy the G27. It will be so similar a gun you will lose the "new gun" rush and just be out the extra money.
Ya no that would be true for sure. Maybe I can catch a second hand one so the money won't be an issue... I have been looking. Heck, I got time... It's not like I'm unarmed..:cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I sold a pistol for my Gen 4 G23 so I could shoot it for awhile before selling my Gen 3 G23. Once I'm 100% confident with the Gen 4 G23, I'm selling my Gen 3 G23 for a Gen 4 G27. I prefer shooting .40 but my G26 isn't going anywhere. If it were a larger pistol then I would probably consider trading it. The G26 just gets too much use and it will be a backup to my G27 in case one it goes down; or if it's taken after a self defense shooting and I need another carry gun.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
I have two 26s and a 27. I would not have gotten the 27 if it had involved giving up a 26.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
noooooooooooooo

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I say heck no...save for the 27
I think I may go this rough though I might do a 23? Hmmmmm?:dunno:
The prob is I have the cash and it it burn-in a hole in my pocket!! (money always dose) I do have a S&W 327NG a few guys want real bad and I'm not into wheel guns...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I try to only do even trades. Paying $165 for a gun and losing another gun just doesn't seem worth it to me. But then again, I don't mind having used guns, glocks especially, so it's a lot easier for me to trade even usually. I have had good luck trading even in the want ads section of GT.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you get the 27 you can buy a conversion barrel and still shoot 9mm.
That was the hole plan.:cool: KarlThomas has the right idea. I may have to wait until the 27 pops up on backpage or a local shooters forum. I would like a gen 4 but if I can get a really clean gen 3 I'll take it. Here you can get a Glock gen 3 with less than 150 rounds down the pipe for about $450.00. I had offers of $460.00 for my 26. Heck I got my Gen 4 22 with night sights, a Blackhawk sepra holster and 5 mags for $525.00.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sell something else, mow lawns, collect aluminum cans,
but I would not get rid of my G-26.
I have a standing rule that I have learned with age.
Never will I ever sell a gun that I like to get another gun
that I may like, I have done so in the past and regretted it on
several occasions.
Save up, or get the money a different way. Then you
will have 2 excellent guns.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts