close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

do i need to tune-up ryt out of the box? advice pls.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bertud ng putik, Feb 11, 2005.

1. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

thanks at welcome ako dito! advice naman dyan, as you all know, mine is a norinco 1911A1 enhanced special. bought it at trust trade. ang advice nila sa akin is to tune it up. like trigger pull adjustment, throating the barrel, polishing the feed ramp, etc. sa mga handgun magazine ganoon din ang sabi. "most 1911A1 pistols should be tuned ryt out of the box." kelangan ba ito talaga or testingin ko munang maigi ang baril ko? BTW if ever na pa tune ko ang norinco ko, sino mas ok mag tune-up, metrillo or jun tuazon ba yon? yung taga pasig.tnx!

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Testing mo muna, if it does not malfunction and you're happy with its performance then no need to change anything. Laki pa matitipid mo. :)

3. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

The only things that I immediately have to replace with my Norinco Commander is the grip safety with a high ride beavertail and the sights. Mine has a commander style but thin grip safety. Since I shoot with a high hand grip, The grip safety would cut my mhand before I even finish a whole mag of .45 ammo. The sights are useable but small. I would like to replace them with AO/XS Big Dot or MMC. And one more thing, dehorning and rounding of edges is an immediate concern too. It can really cause discomfort when I carry. I can live with the trigger pull and the creep. After a thousand rounds and a few more, Im sure the trigger pull will improve. The only thing that has a problem in that area is me. I have to practice trigger control.

And by the way. I already had 100 rounds through it without any malfunction. I will have the barrel and chamber worked after if it will not reliably feed Remington Golden Saber 185 or 230 grs. Otherwise, I'll leave it as it is.

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Polishing madali lang and you can do it yourself.

Pinaka importante yung lock-up at timing dapat patingnan mo kung tama. Saves you heartaches and parts replacement in the future. ;)

5. JuDGe

JuDGe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, got my norinco commander a couple of days ago. ;f

Fired 50rounds today from 7meters without a hiccup and like Darwin I'm crying for a beavertail grip safety. But hey, I already love this pistol! ;3

Cheers!

Btw, I had mang dolpo do the trigger work, polishing, barrel throating, and extractor tuning on my stock parts. My trigger now breaks at a crisp 4lbs. :)

6. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Congrats Judge.;f Ganda ng grouping mo.

7. vega

vega

If its not broken, don't fix it.

vega

8. 345

Lahat ng off the shelf factory gun sold to the public ay naka-set sa pinaka pangit na adjustment or setting because of LIABILITY ISSUES.
    Para sa akin, ay go ahead i-tono mo and dress it up.
    Regarding trigger pull be cautious on this one - hanggang doon LANG MUNA sa kaya mong i-handle. There are shooters who are at home pulling 2lb or less. But other people are very uncomfortable with it and accidental discharge is a very common occurence to them. Now lets say you do an AD on a match then you will be DQ'd and wasted your money for that match. Got what I mean when I said to the point where you can handle the mods. But if you are a seasoned shooter already then go for it.
    Good luck
    Shoot straight and be safe

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I had the chance to fire Darwin's Norinco and found out that it's actually the sharp-edged grip safety digging into the web of the hand instead of the hammer. Maybe an alternative to prevent this would be rounding off the edges.

And yes, it's a wonderful pistol. Felt great shooting it.

My advice is to shoot it extensively first; parts needed to be replaced will become self evident if needed. In my experience, more than half of my own modifications aren't necessary at all. Hindsight's indeed always 20/20.;f For me, at least.

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

'langhiya... ang dami na palang meron single stack sa BoGs. pwede na tayo magpalaro nang Single Stack Classic! hahaha!!!!

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

judge: pang carry ba yang norinco mo? gawin mo parang Kimber cdp pro?

12. 345

Single Stack Classic Match is a good idea.
    Would you consider a 1911 with an external extractor and or tactical rail, a classic?
    Natatandaan ko nung bata pa ko e walang kilalang baril ang Pinoy kundi Colt. Walang laman ang bibig ng tatay ko pati na yung mga tiyo ko kundi kuwarentay singko, Gold Cup, Mark IV, Series 70, Commander.
    Parte na siguro ng middle age at older gen Pinoy ang 1911. Ewan ko yung younger generations, kasi ay ipinanganak na sila sa Tupperware era (Glock)

13. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Yup, at ang bago nating pangalan ay BOSS (Band of Single Stackers), ehehehe.

14. JuDGe

JuDGe

[​IMG]

Hehehe... EXACTLY! Nag wi-window shopping na nga ako ng parts.... anak ng wet-wet ang mamahal na! Mag metrillo custom parts na lang kaya ako?!!! ;f

15. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

actually, pinagtatalunan nga yang definition ng single stack dun sa ipsc global website kasi meron gusto .45 lang daw dapat and 1911 lang ang tunay na SS. Tapos dapat raw not more than 7 or 8 ang load, etc. etc.

IMO, ang tingin ko na tamang definition ng "single stack" dapat i-limit sa single column bullet arrangement, irregardless of caliber or pistol type, design or manufacturer. The pistol may be any of the single action or DA/SA 1911 design and clones, and similar pistols like the single column S&W's and Sigs, etc.

16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

judge: heinie rear sights din gamitin mo? papalitan mo ba lahat ng internals?

17. 345

I think what makes the SS match complicated regarding the gun is the word CLASSIC.

18. JuDGe

JuDGe

Plano ko palitan muna ng ambi safety, beavertail, & hammer.... :)

Tsaka na yung flowers ngayong valentines, marami pa naman occassions eh ;f

19. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

pag nagpalit ka ng hammer, kunin mo na yung matched set para di mo na kelangan pa trigger job. Tignan mo yung Dawson Precision, Extreme Engineering or Brazos kits