Do I need Insurance for CCW?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ncglock19, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ncglock19

ncglock19

I was wondering if there is a requirement (I'm in NC) to have some kind of insurance in case something goes wrong while someone is CC.

I'm also wondering if any firearms should be noted to your insurance company in case of theft or damage from fire, etc.

Joe

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

No to your first question and depends on your insurance company and type of firearm on the second (collectors edition or custom if it's a high dollar item).

3. rygleason

rygleason

Question 1: No there is no type of special liablity insurance for CCW

Question 2: you can actually insure your firearms by adding a scheduled personal property endorsement on your home, condo, or renters insurance policy. You can insure the gun to value including any modifications you have done to it. I have my G26 insured for $700 (including mods) and I think it costs me like $10-$15 per year to have it added to my homeowners policy. My scheduled personal property endorsement carries a $0 deductible as well and it covers theft, fire damage etc, and mysterious disappearance. Good thing to have IMO. Talk to your local insurance rep about it as insurance coverage and options may differ where you live.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010