Do I need another holster?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by joepa150, Feb 2, 2010.

1. joepa150

joepa150

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I really like the Supertuck and I love the Black Ops Pro. Between these two holsters, it I can carry my Glock 19 IWB (a ton of different cants and heights options) and OWB. I technically don't need anymore holsters since I have found 2 that work perfectly BUT I like holsters especially custom leather ones.

I know a lot of people have a box of holster which I assume is because they are always searching for the perfect one. If I have the perfect holster, should I buy more?

I also have a Ruger GP100 4 inch that I don't have any holsters for. Would you buy a holster for this instead? I just don't know if I would carry this since it is kind of big and heavy.

2. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

1. If you have your bases covered w/ IWB/OWB, then I'd say don't waste money. Only thing I see is if you're going to ever compete in IDPA/USPSA (which I highly recommend to anybody) you'll need a nice kydex for USPSA and maybe a kydex IWB or highride OWB kydex for IPDA to ease or reholstering.

2. Where/how would you carry the revolver? If it's just in the woods for bear/cats/etc, just get a cheap nylon belt holster or a nice chest rig.

3. joepa150

joepa150

I want to carry the revolver concealed and sometimes in the woods/camping/fishing. IWB would be nice but OWB would work in the winter.

4. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

It has been said that every holster you buy is one step closer to a Milt Sparks VMII:whistling:

I'm also VERY HAPPY with my MTAC--BUT-- A VMII or TT gun leather:notworthy: are really seeming like something I NEED:wavey:

Also I'm NEEDING a good shoulder holster for fishing with my G23

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  5. joepa150

joepa150

Then finally once you get a Milt Sparks, you are one step closer to a Pure Kustom :supergrin:

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

If you have the holster you believe is "it" for you... why would you buy any more? Unless its going to serve some purpose that the other holsters won't, I don't see any reason to buy more unless you're just dying to.

For me, I love my leather, but the thought of ruining my nice leather while camping/fishing, doesn't sit well with me. For those purposes, I have a Sidearmor Modular OWB, and a Wilderness Instructor. Both have had their share of bad weather camping, getting wet, etc. The Instructor's velcro is pretty much toast, but its no big deal, I just run the excess under a belt loop, and go on w/ life.

IGF

7. joepa150

joepa150

No a new holster would not serve any purpose other than satisfy my curiosity in regards to another holster maker's work.

I do have a supertuck for those camping/fishing or other instances where the holster could get roughed up.

You actually just gave me a good idea. I have numerous cheap belts and on good leather gun belt. I need a wilderness belt for those camping/fishing type situations. Thank you