GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
CZ makes the most ergonomic handgun on the market. They are also very robust. Hence they are popular. I have a CZ75 I got from a well known member here and I love it. The P-01 is the secret that Nobody wants to talk about.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Eh, I like them both ‍♂
That s the beauty with guns. Like them both, or three or four and swing along at the range... We don t have to be attached to any of them , unless you pick the red head (the orange one)

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
557 Posts
Oh, so a Glock got the VP9 to where it’s at? Not the HK VP70 - you know, it’s only the first modern polymer striker high capacity economically priced pistol...
Ah, you are of course right about the VP70 being a precursor to the Glock striker style pistols. I didn't say Glock was the first but I believe it was the first to bring striker fire pistols to the forefront, and THEREFORE the impetus for the other manufacturers included HK to come up with their own designs. Some of which can be argued to be even better. The VP70 just never caught on as the Glock did. We have a ton of excellent pistols today I think can be traced back to Glock, but not directly to the VP70. My opinion of course.
BTW I will NEVER call the Pig Nose ugly again.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ah, you are of course right about the VP70 being a precursor to the Glock striker style pistols. I didn't say Glock was the first but I believe it was the first to bring striker fire pistols to the forefront, and THEREFORE the impetus for the other manufacturers included HK to come up with their own designs. Some of which can be argued to be even better. The VP70 just never caught on as the Glock did. We have a ton of excellent pistols today I think can be traced back to Glock, but not directly to the VP70. My opinion of course.
BTW I will NEVER call the Pig Nose ugly again.
But without the VP70, there probably wouldn't have been a Glock. Old Gaston had to get his inspirations from somewhere, and it's pretty suspicious that his gun has very similar features to the VP70.

·
Registered
645 Posts
To add, I'm happy with my SIG P365XL, but I feel that I have to wipe it down each day to keep it from rusting. It looks dry where my skin touches the metal, but I don't remember ever feeling that way with my Glocks.
The slide of the Sig P365 is stainless with a nitron finish so it isn't going to rust easily. The barrel is carbon steel. I don't worry about my Sig 365s rusting at all and I carry one every day. They are only cleaned/wiped down after a range trip.

If heavily neglected or heavy exposure to salty conditions stainless steel can produce slight surface rusting but not pitting like carbon steel.

I don't abuse my handguns but don't baby them either. I've never had a Glock rust and it's slide isn't stainless. I don't think you really have anything to worry about regarding your Sig with its stainless slide and nitron coating.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
I have two CZs. A 75B and a Shadow 2. They are my favorite semi autos, but I have no intention of carrying them. That task is assigned to my Glocks. I just don't care if they get dirty, or worn from holster contact. I don't even mind getting down and dirty in the mud with my Glock at my side. I can alway hose it off later.

CZ= Fun gun
Glock= Tool

Reactions: 1L26

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
My son has two CZ guns - a rifle that is truly amazing at how accurate and easy it is to shoot for what it cost, and a pistol he bought used that works great.

He has become a CZ "fan boy", and although I still love my G17, I am truly impressed with the CZ guns.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I no longer enjoy shooting glocks...I guess I have to start growing my man bun, wearing skinny 5.11s and drinking soy lattes. Cause apparently I’m a hipster now
You said it, not me :D

My P07 was a fine gun, I occasionally miss it a bit (but I enjoy my 228 more and one compact DA/SA is sufficient).

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,456 Posts

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,074 Posts
:ender:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
How much is the discount?
I got mine for about $150 or so less than I was seeing online...but the prices are 2020 prices.

I think regular prices are about $100 less, but they discount everything. Mags are about $20 cheaper.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,160 Posts
Only have one glock.
A 25 year (or so) old Gen 2 G19
Just bought my first CZ (PCR)

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,456 Posts
I got mine for about $150 or so less than I was seeing online...but the prices are 2020 prices.

I think regular prices are about $100 less, but they discount everything. Mags are about $20 cheaper.
Cool, thanks for the info. Just wondering if it was worth the trouble but sounds like it is. Thanks again.

Reactions: Gombey

·
Registered
24,668 Posts
I decided I wanted a gun made out of something - that if you dropped it on your foot it would hurt.

The CZ75b - my first all steel semi auto pistol quickly became my favorite semi auto -

Five years later I added the 97b - the metal grips are real cool.

Now when I am shooting 9MM the CZ75b is my favorite semi auto pistol and when I am shooting 45 ACP the CZ97b is my favorite semi auto pistol.

I was lusting after a Shadow 2 - the Urban gray almost had me -

It is on my list of guns - if I ever see a good deal on one I would grab it -

I picked up a holster for the 75b - I never open carry - but if I do it will be my CZ75b

upload_2020-10-31_10-20-52.jpeg

upload_2020-10-31_10-21-13.jpeg

·
HEMIs, guns, and booze
814 Posts
G43 on the hip, CZ P-09 on the nightstand. I love CZs in every way. My G43 is strictly a tool, and I have no interest in other Glock models. Definitely not a "Glock Guy", but I still enjoy the community here.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts