GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't have a CZ yet, but I am sure I would love it if I did. I have thought about it.
That said, for me, at least the whole point behind the GLOCK has been its simplicity. KISS in other words. That's what drew me there in the first place, and what keeps me there. SIMPLICITY. Easy manual of arms, ease of maintenance. Durability, shall I go on? Those of us in the know, know it is not perfect, but it is damn close. It's not a tack driver but it's 'good enough'. I have shot and fondled a lot of other pistols in my time. Some of them I LOVE, for example, I really like my Step son's VP9. They are awesome but remember GLOCK got them there.

I say this not to disparage CZ or any of the other awesome formats out there, but merely to point out why I still carry a GLOCK. It works. I am not rich and I can't just go buy anything. I choose Glock for the reasons mentioned. Not even really a fanboy, but I want something I can trust if the sh#t hits the fan.
CONGRATULATIONS on your CZ! When I win the lotto I will have a closet full of different pistolas!

Reactions: Mr. Pick

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,695 Posts
Hey...I am a self-confessed Glock Fanboy....but I was intrigued by the look and reviews of the P10c...I bought one about 8 months ago, and I'll admit it took awhile for me to get it tuned to me and shooting where I wanted it to...but now, I really like mine, and I shoot it just as well as my beloved G-19...so I guess there actually is life after a Glock

·
Registered
950 Posts
It’s official. I’m a CZ fanboy. I purchased my first CZ. A P09. It’s going to be my duty weapon once I send it to Jagerwerks to have it milled for an RMR.

I no longer enjoy shooting glocks...I guess I have to start growing my man bun, wearing skinny 5.11s and drinking soy lattes. Cause apparently I’m a hipster now .
It’s not a real CZ unless it’s all steel.

I kid, I kid. Congratulations.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I don't have a CZ yet, but I am sure I would love it if I did. I have thought about it.
That said, for me, at least the whole point behind the GLOCK has been its simplicity. KISS in other words. That's what drew me there in the first place, and what keeps me there. SIMPLICITY. Easy manual of arms, ease of maintenance. Durability, shall I go on? Those of us in the know, know it is not perfect, but it is damn close. It's not a tack driver but it's 'good enough'. I have shot and fondled a lot of other pistols in my time. Some of them I LOVE, for example, I really like my Step son's VP9. They are awesome but remember GLOCK got them there.

I say this not to disparage CZ or any of the other awesome formats out there, but merely to point out why I still carry a GLOCK. It works. I am not rich and I can't just go buy anything. I choose Glock for the reasons mentioned. Not even really a fanboy, but I want something I can trust if the sh#t hits the fan.
CONGRATULATIONS on your CZ! When I win the lotto I will have a closet full of different pistolas!
Oh, so a Glock got the VP9 to where it’s at? Not the HK VP70 - you know, it’s only the first modern polymer striker high capacity economically priced pistol...

·
Glock 35
993 Posts
It’s official. I’m a CZ fanboy. I purchased my first CZ. A P09. It’s going to be my duty weapon once I send it to Jagerwerks to have it milled for an RMR.

I no longer enjoy shooting glocks...I guess I have to start growing my man bun, wearing skinny 5.11s and drinking soy lattes. Cause apparently I’m a hipster now .
What did you acquire as a duty holster?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I still have a couple Glocks but my EDC is a Shield 9. I have a 30S and an LCPII to swap in depending on circumstances.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I started using CZs before they were cool, bought a brand new 85 Combat back in 07 and recently switched over to a P10c for competition.

I guess this means I’m way past due to start paying extortionate prices for complicated coffee, man buns, and driving a Prius covered in stickers. If I had known this I would’ve gone with a Glock to avoid turning into a hipster

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Here's a good example of how to renounce.

Renounce.gif

Reactions: pgg00 and Gombey

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Not really a fan of CZ's. (I really WANTED to like them). But at least you've moved on from the Glock cult.
Never bought a CZ type pistol till 2 days ago. I bought a SAR ARMS B6C for $280. I am impressed. Glock is still my EDC but it should be a fun range gun. Got a blue label P365XL coming in a few days.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Congrats for moving up the food chain! Next stop: STEYR!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Man, it’s spreading...I’m trying to find a p07 to go along with my p10f. Still waiting on my shadow 2 blue to come in. My Glock stable is shrinking and my CZ count is stacking. Seriously some of the best shooting pistols and built like tanks. Enjoy it brother.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,627 Posts
I have the Shadow 2 Blue, a P-06, and an XD-M.

The XD-M could eventually disappear if CZ brings out a model 75 based 10mm.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Ehhhh. I don’t know about that mate.
<ggg>
Steyrs are an acquired taste.

But you may enjoy looking at the Caniks, such as the S120 Shark. Same great taste, less filling.
:couch:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts