close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do I have a problem ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ummagumma, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

I heard a lot about extraction issues with new Glocks with "dipped" extractors.

My G17, made in the early 2011 (RZZXXX) has one.

So far I had mainly shot Federal Champion 115 gr FMJs - a weak plinking round. With about 350 rds through the gun, I figured I got about 5-8 "brass to the forehead" issues. None to the face... yet.

I didn't shoot enough of more powerful rounds to get an issue.

So, do I have a problem ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Sounds like your call. Five to eight casings to the head outta 350, IMO, doesn't seem like a problem. I sometimes get the same. It's subjective .... does it bother you? New extractors are fairly cheap in case you want to experiment.

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

I would go 500+ rounds first trying different types of ammo, and also let a couple other people shoot it and see what it does. I have a G26 that came with, and still has a dipped one and it has not had any problems.

If after 500+ rounds your pistol still does it, and it bothers you, then I would contact Glock and see about sending it back for warranty service.

Some people don't mind the brass to face, some are indifferent, some are annoyed by it, some eagerly seek out the experience and recommend it. :rofl:

It's totally up to you whether you are okay with it or not.

Of course, if you don't want to burn through more ammo and see what happens, you can always send it in to Glock now and see what they will do for you if you suspect it's going to bother you or get worse.

There are other causes for BTF than the pistol having a problem or a parts issue. I would look to rule them out first, but it's going to cost money in ammo to do that.

My ex-wife managed to do a BIB - Brass In Bra with a G17, then she muzzle swept me with her finger on the trigger while trying to get it out. So I divorced her.

4. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Hate to break this to you, but your forehead is your face.

Dictionary.com defines the face as: "the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin."

You do have a brass to the FACE issue.

5. larson1122

larson1122

:rofl: