close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do all Glocks shoot high?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fireman Ron, May 18, 2006.

1. Fireman Ron

Fireman Ron

I have owned 8 or 10 Glocks and shot several more. All of them with factory fixed sights shot high at 25 yards. Almost all of them were 4 to 6 inches high. This is off a rest. Groups were great but high. Now I hat a gun that shoots that high. I like mine to be dead on to an inch high at 25. So I have to replace the front sight on all the Glocks I keep for myself. Mine all wear night sights so I am forced to spend $30 bucks to get her to shoot where she looks.

Why do you supose they do that?

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Nope

3. TexasDoc

TexasDoc

nope, mine shoots 3.5 to 4" low at 25. What type of Ammo are you using?? I use 180gr in my 40 S&W and its hitting low and with 165gr its hits about 2" high at 25 Yds both are off a Rest

so it might be that you are using a lighter bullet weight and its hitting high.

this is only my opinion for what I have shoot over the years.

Doc

4. JCW355

JCW355 9MM user

The loads I use shot high also so I put an adjustable rear sight on my gun. I reload 124 grain fmj's for range shooting and carry 124+p ammo. I'd bet 147's might hit closer to POA for you with your sights. You could try different ammo or get an adjustable rear sight. I think brownells has adjustable rear night sights.

5. Fireman Ron

Fireman Ron

In my Glocks the lighter bullets print a little lower at 25 yards. But there wasn't much difference. I shoot 155's in my 40 124's in my 9mm and 230's in my 30 as they group the best with these.

6. 390ish

390ish

Rests do not do well with repeatable accuracy on a handgun in my experience. I have a lousy weaver stance with my right shoulder put up like Quasimoto, but it is repeatable and it works. Unless you are practicing for one of those competitions I don't know about, shoot that thang freehand. You will have a better time once you are able to work your target out to a fair range. Good luck.

7. Iceman 27

Iceman 27

This is a bit strange...it suppose to shoot low at that range for Glocks! Especially with Glock's tilt barrel locking mechanism...you probably shooting very hot loads with heavy projectiles? That will amplify the tilting effect the second it's fired. A handgun will recoil the minute the bullet is fired and the barrel will rise some before the bullet exits.

8. stangyg123

stangyg123 NRA 4 Ever

All my Glocks shoot to POA.

9. win231

win231

The only two Glocks that I have that shoot high with factory sights are both Mod. 21's. As soon as I put Glock's night sights on one & Meprolight night sights on the other, they both shoot P.O.A.

10. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Same here, as do all my carry guns. If they don't, they're not carry guns!

11. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

BTW, all of my carry guns have either, meps, trijicons, or heine's. All shoot POA with FMJ or JHP reliably.

12. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Sounds like your using the dots instead of the top of the sights for a refrence. All Glocks I have ever shot ( quite a few in my job) have always been on.
    Pat

13. Fireman Ron

Fireman Ron

Thanks for the replys. I'm not using the dot. I use the top of the sight. I have done a lot of handgun shooting and competition. For some reason it seems when I get a Glock it shoots high. This is off a rest and free hand. Now once I change the front sight height I am good to go.

It's not a big problem and the fix is only 30 bucks or so but I just wondered if others had the same trouble.

14. 10mmLover

10mmLover

I have a 10mm G-20 I had the same problem until I replaced the barrel and the sights..

15. outsider0506

outsider0506

Both my G19 and G34 shoot POA; no windage needed. I've used Glock stock sights, Dawsons, HiViz and XS Big Dots... same results.

However, I used to shoot consistently low many years ago when I first started. At that time, I thought the gun shot low, so I got a taller fixed sight. Once I fixed my real problem of anticipating the recoil, I consistently shot high.

16. outsider0506

outsider0506

BTW, my POI is right where the dot is on top of the target. So if I'm shooting at a half-dollar sized target at 21', my XS Big Dot sight will completely cover the target. I consistently hit somewhere on the half-dollar sized target (6 out of 6 shots taken).