DNZ Dednutz

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Travclem, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Anyone have any experience with these mounts? I'm considering them for my new t3 stainless since leupold only offers black mounts for it. My only concern is that they are aluminum and will be mounted on a steel reciever and I've heard that this is bad juju. Any suggestions?

2. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Thanks to all of yalls great input:rofl::rofl::rofl: I bought a set and have been using them for about a month now. They are rock solid and I would buy them again.FYI

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010

3. dieseldoc

dieseldoc

I also use these bases.... I currently have them on a couple marlin lever actions and a couple TC Triumph in-line muzzleloaders. Never a problem with any of them. Quick and easy to mount and hold a zero. Good choice!

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

That's interesting... I must've missed this earlier...

A while back, there were issues with using aluminum along with other metals in automotive and electrical applications.

Problems occurred with mating aluminum heads to cast iron engine blocks, as the two metals expand and contract at quite different rates. The problems were mitigated by use of titanium head bolts and the appropriate gasket materials.

During a copper shortage in the 70's, aluminum electrical wiring was used in some new construction, and problems occurred with connections to switch, receptacle, and copper wiring. A kind of electrolysis-induced corrosion occurred, and there were fires. While older aluminum wiring in good condition can be made safe by using the appropriate AL/CU connectors and anti oxidant grease at all connections, it is no longer code for most building.

That's all I know... :headscratch:

I doubt you'll have any problems with your application. :dunno:

--Ray

P.S. Per your avatar--I love that movie! :supergrin: