close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ditch Glock 23 for Glock 30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RAH, Aug 11, 2002.

1. RAH

RAH Keep The Change Millennium Member

One of the guys from my local range is thinking about trading his Glock 23 for a Glock 30. He'll be out about $150 on the trade but he's worried about the G23 snappy recoil. He's got about 800 rounds through his Glock and it's been 100% reliable from day one. Not looking for a caliber war here folks, just some advice on whether he should keep his Glock 23 or go for a Glock 30. :)

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Assuming he's a big boy, he can do whatever suits him. He should shoot a few carry rounds out of the 30, and make sure the recoil is really "better." He'll also need to be OK with the 30's increased thickness. Beyond that, I wouldn't feel under gunned either way. Whatever turns his crank.

3. slick slidestop

slick slidestop

I have learned NEVER TRADE GUNS....especially if you end up losing 150.00 in the trade.
    I have the g30 and it is a fine gun, but I would try to save up and buy the G30 outright.
    Then again if he is "afraid" of the recoil and he will never be comfortable with it he might as well sell or trade it.

4. MikeyG23

MikeyG23 Millennium Member

I've tried on at least two different occasions to switch from my usual G23 carry gun for a G30. It's never worked for me for a couple of reasons; first, I don't like the extra width of the G30 and second I don't really like the additional weight. At 5'11" and 300 lbs I can conceal most anything I want to, the G30 just doesn't do it for me. YMMV

5. TowGuy

TowGuy Got Bar-B-Q?

I agree! I've traded guns in the past to get one that I wanted now and have always regreted it afterwards. Once I traded a gun for another, and then a month later I missed that one so much that I bought another just like it. I know, what an idiot.;a

A couple weeks ago at the local range I rented a 30 and shot it along with my .40's. Personally, I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference in recoil.

Hope it helps!

TG

6. Coug

Coug

I see little reason to switch from the 23 to the 30. The 23 is smaller (read more concealable), carries more rounds efficiently, and fires an arguably comparable round (IMHO). And on top of that he will loose $150 on the trade... To my sensibilities that is a no-brainer. If he is wanting to trade because he fell in love with the 45...tell him to sleep on it then go out and shoot both side by side. For me the choice would be simple. -Coug

7. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Ask him to post his e-mail address, one of us will buy it.