Disturbing map of drug problems

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by The Father, Jul 17, 2019.

1. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Correct. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the stupid ones drink.

2. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I read the whole article and didn't pay anything. Go figure.

3. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Bull****.

I can only speak for WV and the data is very real. Mega quantities of Oxy run through corrupt doctors and pharmacies were a way of life in the coal mining regions. I only say "were" because laws have finally been establhed to stop it. So now the addicts have to rely on heroin coming in from Columbus, Detroit etc. Heroin, meth, crack- it is all here all the time.

There are plenty of great places to locate in WV (and I'm sure TN and KY also) but the areas darkest on the map are not among them- unemployed people with no jobs and no hope.

4. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Sad, I hope they did not procreate

Intolerant likes this.
  5. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I would seriously consider a different location...still good places around, but takes more research than in years past to locate them...send me a PM if you want/care to hear my ideas regarding some areas i am personally aware of

6. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

I just read that on Fox. Life is getting even more difficult in West Virginia.

7. Detectorist

Detectorist

Look for areas where housing prices are on the rise.

8. Resqu2

Resqu2

This entire area (I’m in SW Va) is overrun with drugs and crime. New industries won’t locate here because they couldn’t find enough people that could pass a DT. I thing KT and WV is even worse.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  9. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

It’s here in Maine as well, pill heads in the cities and meth heads in the more rural parts. Bunch of useless losers and our stupid governor wastes taxpayer money on Narcan for the heroin users. I say let stupid do it’s job and weed these fools out of the gene pool.They’re not going to quit anyway so why bother reviving them when they OD?

Kawabuggy and Intolerant like this.
  10. rogn

rogn real dogs

There is some correlation between the local income levels, employment and geographics. Generally yhe Appalachian region was the original hot bed of pill distribution. The prevailing industry was coal mining which is not kind( alittle of hold my beer and watch this) to the human body. Back injury and other orthopedic injuries were rampant. Pain relief was prescribed pretty extensively. Now enter big pharma and its parasitic needs. The price for the prescription especially when insurance didnt cover cost well was nearly prohibitive. The pain level of the people involved was real, so and industry evolved. The patients would shop meds or get excessive prescriptions, then they would merchandise the extra meds to finance their own medication. You can pretty well do an overlay of coal regions and opiod excess and define the Appalachians.

11. nerr

nerr

It's everywhere. Big cities have been open drugstores for a long time. Rural areas are getting into it. Really sad is that nice isolated, secluded areas make great meth lab locations.

Good luck finding a nice worry-free place to retire, though some are more 'behind the troubled times' and better places than others. Been looking at South Dakota mostly because fewer lefties would bother with it. It's not for the party set or severe weather-intolerant. And no state income tax.

orangejeep06 and FullClip like this.
  12. 2cats

2cats Millennium Member

Investigate the available internet service providers before you buy a house in east Tennessee.

Intolerant likes this.
  13. Intolerant

Intolerant

For every prescription that leads to an overdose, a doctor and pharma should be prosecuted.
    For every dope dealer on the street, prosecute them, with a lead pill to the head.

Is there an easy solution to the drug problems, sure there is, but there`s nothing to profit from fixing the disease.

14. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

So, morphine is better than oxy pills.

15. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

I didn't know these drugs were addicting and, even worse, nobody told me that it was dangerous to exceed the dosage.

16. Intolerant

Intolerant

My wife an i were going to move to Tennessee, but after we saw what it was like, no thanks. Beautiful area, but to much drugs and violence. Then we looked around the mountains... some shady sh!t going on around there too. My sister wants us to move to Kansas where she lives. But i dont like tornado`s...lol. Guess we`re staying put for now.

17. OXMYX

OXMYX

We're going to be squeezed into remote areas like the upper peninsula of MI, East OK, northwest TX, the deserts of NV if we are going to lead normal lives.

OGW likes this.
  18. OGW

OGW SAF

Michigan's U.P. is mighty good if you don't mind winter. Grew up there. It's the _real_ Michigan.

19. hammerkill

hammerkill

The days of getting pills from a doctor are over unless you are end stage cancer. I had a devastating neck injury in January. My BP was 142/118 I was in so much pain and they told me to take Tylenol. Doctors stopped writing script around here period.