close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dissasembly "Switch" Missing, Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rba007, Jul 7, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rba007

rba007

Im sorry that I dont know its proper name, but the small switch that is pulled after pulling the trigger in order to remove the slide assembly is missing from my G19. After not firing it for a week or so, I picked it up yesterday to clean it, and heard a rattling from within the gun. When I went to remove the slide, I noticed that the switch im trying to describe was missing, along with all other parts that may be related to it within the gun. I wish my digi cam wasnt in canada at the moment with my family on vacation, or I could definitely get pics which would much better describe my problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Can this part be ordered seperately, or is the weapon going to have to be sent to glock and be gone for awhile? (I purchased it to train for my police academy which is coming up). Thanks for any help, I feel like I am up a creek here if you know what I mean.

-Dave

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

The part is called a slide lock and it has apparantly broken. Not sure if the rattling you're hearing is the slide lock spring or the striker. Take it down and see if your spring is there or missing. Best bet is just to order them both as they are sold separately. You could let Glock Inc. know and they may send the parts, otherwise try Topglock or Glockmeister to get the parts. They're both very inexpensive. Don't confuse slide STOP with slide LOCK when/if ordering. The part you need is a slide LOCK and spring.

3. gary newport

gary newport

Could be your slide lock spring broke (happens with some frequency in my G30). The next time you dry-fired, the slide lock would be under no tension and would just fall out when the gun is held sideways or placed on a surface. Glock4Life has a solution for you. However, examine the area where the slide lock spring goes carefully; there may still be a piece of the old spring in there.

4. rba007

rba007

10-4 guys, thanks for the advice. New parts have been ordered and already shipped from Glockmeister.