close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Disqualification?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by on target, Jul 7, 2002.

1. on target

on target

The closest GSSF match to me is a 300 mile round trip. I prefer not to risk disqualification.

This brings up a good question, has anyone ever been disqualified for non-Glock parts etc.?

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I know of at least two instances where a competitor was caused to reshoot. Once was an aftermarket connector, the other was a light mounted on his Glock.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I witnessed 2. Both were because of Fiber Optic sites in AmCiv. Both were given the opportunity to shoot as UL/Masters, one did register his scores as UL and the other took the DQ. So it can happen; therefore why not be sure to begin with and know your status. Is stretching the rules to extremes or out right cheating really worth it? Not to me but then again that is me.

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I had 2 people at the NJ match 2 years ago that I found using parts not allowed in AmCiv. One was using a fiber optic sight and the other was using an aftermarket Match barrel. The silver color kinda gave it away.
    Both were offered the option to register their scores in UL.
    There was a third person that had similar circumstances the same day that another RO caught and was given the same option. I believe his problem was also sights.

Bottom line is it takes observant and knowledgable RO's to prevent things like this from happening. In addition, shooters knowing the rules help too!;)