display case gun

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by captdreifus, Feb 24, 2010.

1. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

So do you guys ever buy the display case gun? Or do you prefer one that is new-new in box so to speak? What if the only one that the shop has in stock is the display gun?

I ask because I am about to get a 21sf, but the only one the shop that I frequent has is on display..

hrmm..

capt

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Doesn't amount to a hill of beans for me.

I'm going to shoot it, others will shoot it. It's going to get scratches from use...

It's one thing if it is a "display" gun or if it's a beat up thing with marks/scratches covering the thing, ya know?

3. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Most of my guns have been bought from the display case or rifle rack. The dealers I visit don't have a whole lot of inventory, so usually it's all on display except for "special orders". I check it out well and if there are any scratches I'll get ask for a discount. No problems as these places don't let other people who may have handled the gun play with it and do any possible damage.

4. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

All of mine have come out of the case or off the rifle rack.

5. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Buy the one you just checked the fit, finish and action on. If it's a revolver and it has a cylinder gap you could drive a truck through, ask to see another or if it's a nice shotgun, you may want to see what else they have to compare wood figure, grain and color.

6. I.Hate.Glocks.

I.Hate.Glocks.

When I bought my G17, I looked the display over good and said I'll take it, but he said he would go in back and get me a untouched gun to buy, I looked it over as well and would have no problem buying either.

7. Steve0853

Steve0853

Like automobiles, I usually buy pre-owned. I buy them to shoot so them having been handled don't bother me.

However, I ordinarily won't get something that's really skinned up, no matter how used it is.

8. The Hawk

The Hawk

Congrats on your purchase. It would not matter to me. I have bought new in box as well as display model with no problems either way. I just wanna check it out before I buy it.

9. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

i ask for new boxed one,

if not i ask for discount for display model ..

10. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I don't care. I check the gun out and if it's good, I buy it.

With Glocks it hardly matters.

ML

11. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

When I worked at a gun store I always sold the one on the shelf. Mainly because you just looked at it and know it's in good condition and working. If I get a box one you'll have to check that one also.

PS. If you want a box one tell me before I write the serial number on the paperwork. Man that made me mad. Have to redo the whole form.

12. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

Everything but CZs. I saw a guy check out a CZ in the shop once and dry fired it. You could hear the roll pin snap and then the poor idiot had to buy the thing at the inflated price they wanted for it. I really like CZs, but I'll never buy a shelf model, only NIB from stores.

13. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

the only guns that I would never buy are the rentals at the ranges they refurb as used. I don't see any problem with buying a gun out of a display case in the store.

14. F_G

F_G

It don't matter to me, besides the shop I frequent turns inventory over so fast the display model has probably only been in the case for a day or 2.