Disney+ launch issues

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HonkeyFries, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Frank_Castle

Frank_Castle

You will get an email with the billing info. You click the hyperlink in the email to create the hulu account. It will take you the hulu page and ask you to sign up. Then you're good to go. Kind of a weird proccess.

G19Tony likes this.
  2. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I did that, but it wouldn't let me sign up. I had Hulu a few years ago, maybe it thinks I'm still signed up.

3. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I'm pretty sure you have to have an active subscription to watch downloaded movies. I don't see Disney just giving free access to their entire library forever because you paid $6.99 for one month and went on a downloading binge.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-faq/can-i-download-movies-shows-on-disney/

For content that is wholly owned by Disney, there will be no limitations on how many times you can download the same title, or on the amount of time to watch a downloaded title, provided that you connect one of your compatible devices to the internet and access Disney+ at least once every thirty (30) days.

5. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

I’ll try it so my kids can watch the Marvel movies and some of the new stuff. I’ll get the free year for my Verizon account.

6. HarlDane

HarlDane

We signed up last night and enjoyed it with only a few small glitches in streaming and that could just as easily been my spotty internet service out here in the sticks.

Mrs. Harldane enjoyed some old classic Mickey shorts while I finished up some work and then we watched the Mandalorian which was pretty damn good. I'm going to enjoy watching some of the old classics with the kids.

7. HarlDane

HarlDane

8. bubbatime

bubbatime

I'm trying to figure why GROWN MEN are huddling in a corner like naughty little school girls all giddy with excitement over "this" ???

My wife mentioned that Disney was releasing a subscription service, and I gave her the biggest eyeroll in the histry of man.

I dont think there would be a single thing for me to watch.

I dont watch comic book nonsense. I dont watch star whatever nonsense. I dont get it.

Dragline likes this.
  9. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Some people spend more time inside watching TV during winter.

[​IMG]

bubbatime likes this.
  10. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Don't feel too bad about your lack of insight and understanding, I've got a similar blindness. I can't figure out why GROWN MEN would watch other grown men in skin tight pants run a few yards down a field and crash into each other for control of some absurdly shaped ball. My eyes are glazing over just thinking about it.

And yet, since the dawn of human existence, just as sport and competition have been used to both entertain and to teach perseverance, teamwork, discipline, and a host of other values, so too, story telling, has been both a source of humor & joy as well as a tool for modelling & depicting examples of honor, courage, discipline, integrity, and more.

This is especially true of epic stories of good vs. evil. It's not about super powers or space ships, it's about reminding people there is real evil in the world and that it must be stood up to even at great risk to self, among other life lessons. It's about capturing people's imaginations with noble and just causes.

Some people resonate more with sports. Some resonate more with ideas and the arts.

Of the 600 or so movies & shows available on Disney+, it seems likely that almost anyone could find a handful that would entertain or inspire.

LandRover, HarlDane and DaveJ like this.
  11. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Mandolarian rocks. Finally something decent out of Star War's since Rouge one.

HarlDane likes this.
  12. HarlDane

HarlDane

It's a lot more than Princesses and Super Hero's. If I wasn't convinced you entered the thread to virtue signal and were actually curious I'd toss out a few suggestions on things you might actually enjoy.

J-Doo likes this.
  13. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

By all means, Toss. I was hoping for some content other than the 4-5 advertised topics.

14. bubbatime

bubbatime

Yeah by all means toss out some recommendations. My wife said she wanted me to “subscribe” and I about laughed her out of the house.

If she wants to subscribe then by all means go ahead. But I can’t think of a single Disney catalog item made in the past 50 years that I would be interested in watching.

15. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

16. LostinTexas

Well, that's better than I have been able to find. Although I like some of the Pixar, and Disney movies, and the classics are,,,,,,,,,,,Classic, there doesn't seem to be much there to justify the hype.
    Disney isn't one of my favorite companies right now, and they may pull the licensing from other sources to put content here and force the subscription. I wouldn't put it past them.

Maccabeus likes this.
  17. powernoodle

powernoodle

I initiated an online chat with Disney + customer service 5 hours ago, and it still hasn't connected me.

18. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

While I haven't read up on this in detail, my impression of what I've read over the past year is that they plan to do exactly this.

I think they are letting agreements and other contacts run out and will eventually put most/all their content on their site.

For example, Netflix was making a ton of Marvel super hero series, but once Disney+ was announced, they wrapped up one show that was already in the works and cancelled the next season of two other shows.

If you don't like Disney content or just refuse to support them on principle, you're ok. If you want to watch anything they hold the license to on a streaming service, you'll need to sign up.

LostinTexas likes this.
  19. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

The Mandalorian seems good but they couldn't release it all at once because it would have been binged on launch day then everyone would be like I've seem the rest already.

20. LostinTexas

There is principal and there is just miffed with them. They cut off FoxSW in our area for the last half of baseball season, and FoxSW was the sole broadcaster of the team. Dish didn't offer any price cuts during the time, or any other incentive. They didn't get enough pressure on Dish, so just before football season started, they cut all their channels. They own Fox. The local Pro team plays on the Fox channel, and it only lasted a week. Dish and Disney got what they wanted. Dish also lost a lot of customers, us included when our bill went up 50% just because they could.
    A thread is going on another forum about HULU going up $10 and the Snowflakes are acting like the world is ending for them. Comical. Cut it off and find something that will offer the content and other things for the same price. That is what we did.
    Looks like, in the future, if you want to watch Disney, Pixar, or a few other things, it will be through them. Time will tell how well that works out for them.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Maccabeus likes this.