Glock Talk banner

Disliked Gun Companies

4762 Views 90 Replies 68 Participants Last post by  Walk Soft
Are there any good brands of guns (not counting cheap-o Hi Points, etc) you've just never cared for?

The biggest one that comes to mind for me is Sig. Nice guns, but clunky and expensive. I've owned Glocks, Berettas, and quite a few more, but Sigs have never interested me.

H&K is probably second down on that list. Although the VP9 has me slightly wanting to buy one.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
H and K. Putting a rail on the pistols that only their brand light would fit is just arrogance. That and they sue many different companies and have an attitude that many of their products should not be owned by civilians. No thanks

· rip "Bud"
10,906 Posts
Colt.... Never have liked anything named after snakes. Even cars or other stuff!
Dunno.... Never have. Even as a youngen. ?????:rolleyes:

· Registered
11,576 Posts
Colt.... Never have liked anything named after snakes. Even cars or other stuff!
Dunno.... Never have. Even as a youngen. ?????:rolleyes:
My Colt snakes are worth a lot of change so I like them a lot even though I am not big on snakes.

Reactions: 9jeeps

· NRA Life Member
75,681 Posts
H&K, Ruger, Kahr, probably some more.

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Taurus, Kahr, Colt, and Beretta. I've owned or shot a few examples of each, and couldn't warm up to it. Taurus from both a trigger feel and quality control issue. Kahr mostly because the cheap feeling mags and the super long trigger (though smooth, it's too long and breaks too far back like a mix between a nice revolver with a break of a taurus). Colt isn't horrible, 1911's are nice and so are their ar15, but for the price I think you can get better examples for cheaper. And none of the beretta's including the factory trijicon 92fs I owned worked for me. Was accurate in my friends hand, just not in mine.

· Registered
15,287 Posts
Never felt compelled to own an HK, Sig or Beretta...even though they make some very nice weapons. Really, I'll consider any brand though if the product meets my needs. IMO label bashing is 99% internet BS and not personal experience.
No doubt about it!

Reactions: FLIPPER 348

· Registered
972 Posts
H and K. Putting a rail on the pistols that only their brand light would fit is just arrogance. That and they sue many different companies and have an attitude that many of their products should not be owned by civilians. No thanks
H and K. Putting a rail on the pistols that only their brand light would fit is just pioneering! So just who was putting a Picatinny rail (or ANY light rail for that matter) on any handgun prior to H&K? That's right, NOBODY!!! Same goes for polymer frames with the VP70 beating Glock to the punch years before Gaston brought his pistol to market. Again, more pioneering development done by H&K. So HK sued other companies for patent infringement. Glock sues S&W over the Sigma, S&W, Colt and Remington were suing each other over single action revolvers over a hundred years ago, and the list goes on and on and on. It's all part of the game in business.

Now back on track, Khar never blew my skirt up probably due to the moonie connection and I have never cared for Para-Ordnance either. Some folks like them, others cite problems but where there's smoke, there's fire so I tend to steer clear of them.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.