close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion on Tip #2

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

OK folks it's been up for a couple of days, any comments or questions? Everybody know how to sight their gun now?

2. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..yep,..

an additional pointer..concerning "sight picture"..when using open sights, one must focus their eye(s) on the front sight, not on the target.

your eye(s) can only focus on one thing or one distance at a time.

...focusing your eye(s) on the front sight..on a "blurred" target, ensures correct "sight alignment" when you release the shot, thus hitting the target.

...focusing your eye(s) on the target (again w/open sights) does not ensure correct "sight alignment", thus allowing your front sight to moven or wander any direction when you release your shot, thus missing your intended target.

..another pointer on adjusting your sights to adjust impact on the target. Move the rear sight the direction you want the bullet to go.

another pointer on "eye dominance", raise your left or right index finger up in front of you like a front sight, with both eyes open, and aim at something. then alternately close you left, then right eyes. The front sight/index finger will stay aligned with the target with your "dominant eye" open.

..again,..I'm not a pro,..but, those are some pointers that I had to learn the hard way,..and thought I might pass them along.

Jay

3. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

That's all fine, but what if you can't see anything clear??? Including the front sight...

:) :) ;c ;c :cool:

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Watch for Tip #4..;f

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Hey Triggerpresser,

I'm nearsighted, wear bifocals, am right handed/left eye dominant, and will soon be 59 years old. Nothing seemed to work for me until I tried shooting with plain shooting glasses. Now I can see the front sight clearly. I know where the centers of the targets are, even though I cannot see the rings on the cardboard. If you are far-sighted, perhaps close-up or reading glasses will help.