close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discounted glock purchase (cross posted in Cop Talk forum)

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Powertrip, May 17, 2006.

1. Powertrip

Powertrip

I'm an emergency dispatcher for a college police department. My chief spoke with one representative with the department's firearms dealer who said that I was eligible for the discounted individual firearms price ($415 for G23 or G27 w/o nightsights).

The rep that my chief talked to said that I didn't need the department letterhead (which sounded weird to me) but that I would still have to wait the 72 hour cool down which I have no problem with.

When I actually went in yesterday, the two guys in the gun shop said that I *would* need the letterhead, but that I would *not* have to wait the three days...

My question is, if I *am* supposed to wait the three days for pick up, but they let me have it the day I come in, could there be any legal reprecussions for me? I don't plan on using it w/i the three days other than dry firing to get used to it.

And after I figure this out... All I have to do is decide between G23 and G27... *sigh* ;)

Thanks in advance!

2. kyfirefreak

kyfirefreak

We don't have queer rules like that in Kentucky so i don't know, just keep your mouth shut, what no one knows ain't gonna hurt em.

3. KYglockers

KYglockers A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

^ ^ ^
    | | |
    | | |
    What he said!!:) :) :beer:
    Just move to KANTUKEE!!

4. BillyGlock

BillyGlock

OMB Express Police Supply
    OMB Express Police Supply, Lenexa, KS (Kansas City)
    They are the mid-west "master LE Glock distributor" ... And just good people to do business with.

These Glock pistols are priced at a discount for Law Enforcment officers (Police, Sheriff, State Patrol, Corrections, Military, Airline Pilots and Security.
    G17 G19 G22 G23 G26 G27 Fixed Sights all $398.20 (plus tax and your FFL fees) Other Glock models and nights sights slighly higher. See their website...

Glock prices are slightly higher for the officer (398.20)than it is for the department (360-something)due to the fact that the officer must pay Federal Excise Tax (FET) even if they work FOR a department. This is a Federal tax on firearms equal to 10% of the price. Departments are exempt from this tax.

Check out their website. http://store.ombexpress.com/firearms-glock-officer.html