Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vietnam Vet
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disassemble and Reassemble Glock Schematic
I need some help. I am looking for detailed written instructions for the disassemble and reassemble of my new Glock. While I realize there are only 30-some parts to a Glock, without pictures and a schematic, I'll never get it back together again ... Thank You for your help.

Please email to:
[email protected]
> Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 68-69

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Disassemble and Reassemble Glock Schematic
I need some help. I am looking for detailed written instructions for the disassemble and reassemble of my new Glock. While I realize there are only 30-some parts to a Glock, without pictures and a schematic, I'll never get it back together again ... Thank You for your help.

Please email to:
[email protected]
> Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 68-69

Here are some good links that will be of use to you:

http://www.halfzware.com/wordpress/w...3/GlockUAM.doc

http://www.stevespages.com/pdf/glock_armorers_manual_update.pdf

all the info and diagrams etc. Good luck:cool:

·
Vietnam Vet
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You for all the help and advice.

In addition to the help offered here, I have also purchased a DVD.

The DVD may address my next ? ( not sure yet ).

When I have my Glock's detail striped - what do I lubricate before reassemble, and is there a special lube or will my Rem Oil with Teflon be OK ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You don't need to lubricate anything in there any different than what you would normally lubricate. Stick to rails, outter barrel and barrel lug, under the slide hood, and a single drop where the trigger bar meets the connector. Putting oil where oil isn't necessary will just cause unwanted gunk buildup when the gun is fired. Most solvents are lubricants as well. Pretty much anything will get the job done, but some prefer grease to oil, because it doesn't drip off of the desired lubrication point. I just use drops of CLP right now, but have used gun butter in the past and prefer it, but it can be hard to find.

·
Vietnam Vet
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Glock's are new ... since I have only been shooting Ball Ammo, I have not used any Solvent when cleaning my pistols - just the Rem Oil.

Should I be saying " My Bad "

or is the use of Rem Oil sufficient ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Rem oil is a solvent and oil. It is sufficient. There are many popular brands. I've never used rem oil. As long as it doesn't harm the finish in any way and does a good job cleaning, you're fine.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Give BreakFree CLP a looksee - many Glockophiles swear by it. Good Luck

·
Vietnam Vet
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You ... I think I'm good to go

·
Vietnam Vet
189 Posts