Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Disabled veterans in six states could get larger payments

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Blitzer, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

The communist's play ground of OHIO
    I have been swimming upstream on this issue for years!!!

I had contacted an attorney and was told to get my records, out of over 20 years of records I got 3 lousy pags sent to me! And so on and so on and rejections I had processed through the D.A.V. etc too. Now it is time they will pay the pipper. Someone in this region was sitting on a little kingdom, down it falls!,12914,81133,00.html?

Disabled veterans in six states could get larger payments from the federal government, and back compensation as well, under a provision that Congress approved recently. The provision would benefit veterans in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Connecticut, Ohio, and New Jersey who, for decades, have received less in disability payments. Under the measure the federal Veterans Affairs Department must notify veterans in the six states that they may resubmit their disability claims and perhaps receive retroactive payments. More than 4 million veterans are slated to receive letters from the VA alerting them about this provision. The letters are considered to be significant since those receiving them will nearly double the 2.5 million disabled veterans nationwide who currently receive disability. The VA letters will explain how veterans in those states can appeal rejected claims or submit new ones. The provision was included in a military spending bill that passed on November 18 and is headed to the President for his expected signature. The average disability payment in those six states affected is less than $7,300 a year while, nationwide, the average payment last year was $8,378 per veteran.

:cool: ;f ;a ;? :soap: ~woohoo~ ;z ;f ;a :cool: :cool: :) :) ;) ;)
  2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

State of Confusion
    Thanks Blitz! Sounds like great news and the least we can do for those noble soldiers.^c

Eddie C.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Tejas, US