Dirty Birds??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Sep 29, 2020.

1. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Ha-Ha....what's the sense of having a parrot if it doesn't swear like a pirate?

They used to have one at a vet's office around here that would sometimes let lose a tirade, usually when somebody brought in a cat and everyone loved it. I think the bird was a "rescue" from some old guy who could no longer keep it.

Would you laugh or be offended?? (sorry, no audio at link)

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/zoo-swearing-parrots-uk-lincolnshire

Zoo removes parrots from view after they kept swearing at guests
    Lincolnshire Wildlife Park in the UK has moved the birds to an 'off-shore enclosure'

A group of parrots at a UK zoo have been removed after repeating obscene language at visitors.

Lincolnshire Wildlife Park received the five African grey parrots back in August and quarantined them together in the same room, Lincolnshire Live reported. However, the close proximity seemed to have brought out the worst in the birds.

“But, just by coincidence, we took in five in the same week and because they were all quarantined together it meant that one room was just full of swearing birds,” chief executive officer Steve Nichols told the outlet, noting the park employees “always find it very comical when they do swear at you.”

n2g, flyover, MB-G26 and 2 others like this.
  2. nmk

nmk

I would watch a live feed of that.

DonD, ZekerMan, catman71 and 2 others like this.

3. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

I ended up watching a bunch of Fowl Language burdies, Profanity Parrots and the like on YT after seeing that on Foxcom - I was trying to find video of th zoo burds reported on.
    I may have found my soulmates!
    ('cept I would not outlive said burdie, so it would be grossly irresponsible for me even pursue that now... )

Me: Pretty Burd, can you imitate Bumbling Sleepy Joe?
    Parrot: C'on MAN! You know, THE THING! That is gefrHjtyuppnuffy idjidrecootion.....

flyover likes this.
  4. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

If I post a link to a video of a parrot swearing will I get a demerit?

it’s not like it’s perfect English.....

FullClip likes this.
  5. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Let it rip...I ain't gonna' fink you out to the mods.

6. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

I owned a parrot once. Worst pet you could ever have! This thing would scream at 96db! I measured it because I didn't think people would believe me.

It would scream from the time the sun came up, looking for attention. After an hour or so, I'd go over to it, it loved me and would bite everyone else, and put him on my shoulder. It would immediately nibble my ear and start saying "I love you". Put him down, he'd scream.

After years of screaming and cleaning up tons of poop, I finally had to rehome him. They live to about 60+ years, but this one was on dangerous ground. It was a rescue, which my son, an emt, rescued from a woman that couldn't care for him any longer, then dumped him at my house!

I wouldn't wish a parrot on my worst enemy, we'll, maybe on him I would, but no one else.

7. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Hell, people swear at me all the time. I might pay extra at the zoo to hear it from a bird.

FullClip likes this.
  8. nmk

nmk

I want my zoo birds to be grumpy when people walk by. Like Sam Elliot in We Were Soldiers.

"How do you know what kinda *** **** day it is?"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    newglocker10mm likes this.
  9. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Daily show had a episode called Dirty Birds, about over sex senior in Florida, It was very funny.

10. cityborncountrylivin

cityborncountrylivin

Neighbor’s parrot would yell “help” every once in a while in a voice that sounded like a young girl.

11. drumgod

drumgod

Are you sure it wasn't a peacock? They sound like a kid yelling help.

I had a cockatiel that imitated stuff. He didn't swear though. If you asked him, "Who's a pretty bird?" He'd reply, "I'm a pretty pretty bird!" then wolf whistle. If you said, "Charge!" he would imitate the bugle call. "Loop-the-loop" and he'd 360 around his perch like a gymnast... He also did a very convincing imitation of the cordless phone. I answered the not-ringing phone more than once before I realized what was up.

12. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

Those things are scary pets. My friends had an african grey. It could be temperamental.

I remember one time I was sitting playing with my god son and caught movement in the corner of my eye. I looked up and this freaking bird was flying through the doorway from the other end of the house and landed on my shoulder and tried to peck my eyeball! Thank god I reacted quick and blocked his beak with my hand as he stood on my shoulder like a three stooges routine.

That and they frequently crap outside the cage, not to mention I personally feel it's not kind to keep birds and wild animals as pets. They want to do bird things like live and breed and fly! I personally only keep domesticated animals as pets like cats, dogs, etc. I only have chickens right now.

13. Wojo88

Wojo88

Perhaps the parrot was the smartest one in the room and was just calling balls and strikes....... There was a case I believe in the UK where the parrot was a witness to a murder trial. The bird singled out the culprit and the jury bought it.................

14. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

15. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

If only we had a guy on this forum that had birds and loved to talk about them.

16. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Aunt/Uncle have a Cockatoo.
    [​IMG]

Damn thing is very aggressive. Very loud when people are visiting, almost impossible to get any sleep. It bit the **** out of my finger, damn near severing a tendon. Took a year for it to heal. It's still alive because I was too drunk to find my gun.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  17. BEANCOUNTER

BEANCOUNTER Millennium Member

We currently have about 8 adult white ibises that think they are our pets.

These long-legged wading birds are omnivores. An adult ibis stands about 2 ft tall with a long, downward curved bill used to extract food from the mud along the water's edge. Their diet includes fish, frogs, shellfish, crabs, small reptiles, worms, bugs and small children. They also love bread, breaded shrimp, almonds, shelled walnuts.

Ibises are human friendly. Ours show up in the morning and at least one usually gets assigned to watch us the rest of the day. They walk up and down the steps like a human would. You get to know some of them by their personalities. And they can destroy a clean deck or seawall in minutes. (I am now the proud owner of a pressure washer.)

Inyo Tim likes this.
  18. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat