close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dinner plans for Orlando

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by G29 Man, Feb 6, 2004.

1. G29 Man

G29 Man Harpin' Millennium Member

So anyone have dinner plans for Firday night before the match? If not we would love to organize one.

Brian & Tanya

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Brian and Tonya;

I have not heard of any plans. Jerry who handled this chore last year is slowly recovering from surgery and we all wish him well. Most of use are new to that area so if you would like to arrange something I think that would be great. Dan, Pete, Bobby and I will be arriving Friday late afternoon and will return home Sunday sometime. Many of us are staying at the Clarion at Universal Blvd so obviously somewhere in the close proximity would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your offer and just keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing you'al next weekend. I think I am just about caught up from the Jet Lag from the Vegas trip last weekend; A great trip by the way. ;c

3. G29 Man

How's Outback Steakhouse sound?

4845 S. Kirkman Road
    Orlando, FL 32811
    (407) 292-5111

It is about 7-10 min from the clarion according to mapquest.

4. Don At PC

I have eaten at our local Outback with my wife however we have tried twice with out GSSF Dinners and they were not receptive to our business. As a matter of fact they will not set aside an area for any number of us and are extremely not "Gun Friendly". I would recommend some place who will accomodate us in a small area by ourselves after you get a head count of how many will be there.

Thanks

5. G29 Man

Sounds good! Who's in? Let me know.

Brian

6. Don At PC

Brian;

Did you misread my previous response concerning the Out Back Steakhouse? Or am I missunderstanding your post and you are just taking a head count? I also am not sure but Mike may already be working dinner plans. I wrote him and am waiting on a reply. Just didn't want to confuse the process.

Either way Dan, Pete, Bobby and I will see'ya friday evening somewhere in Orlando.;f ;c

7. G29 Man

I was going with your advice and getting a head count before finding a different restaurant for us.

Brian

8. Don At PC

Okay, just wanted to be sure I wasn't confusing the process. Thanks. Haven't heard from Mike yet but should by Monday. I was told that he was already working at least one of the evenings . I will e-mail you as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks

9. G29 Man

Cool, If he has it just let me know where and when :) Also, do you know if anyone will be bringing PB&Js? ^5 ^5 ^5 ^3

10. NightWolfe

NightWolfe Grumpy Glocker

Fridays would be a good choice .. and there is plenty of room for big parties .. also Ale House wouldn't be bad, but we wouldn't be able to get one big table ..

there are about 100 restaurants near where you guys are going to be .. and I've eaten at a good chunk of em .. so if anyone wants my 2 cents I'll be glad to share it ..

I haven't decided if I'm going to attend the match or not yet .. but hopefully will .. same with the dinner .. it would be me + 1 ..

if I'm invited of course :)

11. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi,

Since you are at the Universal area(I live 5 mins north of that in Metro West) there are 40 plus restraunts(like nightwolfe said) including the International Drive area.The Ale house is close to the hotel area ,Charlies owns the FishBones,Lobster house-You have a Bahama Breeze with all other kinds of resterraunts.I will go Sun and talk to some of the resteruants to "feel them out".I will stick with the steak places for friday.There is a Super Wal Mart just north and the Always pleasing Bass Pro Shop!!

NON PB&J's aLlowed!!!!! ^5 ^5 ;Y ;Y

Mike;W

12. Don At PC

Thanks Mike for the leg work, we sure appreciate it. Of course NON PB&J's are allowed.;f ;f ;f

13. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

I'm getting hungry already, and it ain't even close to Friday, yet. Bob and I will be coming down Friday, so count us in on the head count Friday night. Just let us know where and when.

See y'all on Friday!!!

Pat T. (Mrs Glockrunner) :)

14. Clem

Clem

I know ya'll are making Friday plans, but since Donna & I won't arrive 'til Sat. afternoon, was wondering if there were any ideas about when/where for Saturday. Last year's choices were excellent! Mike, Brian & Tanya, we appreciate all the effort! Can't wait to see you & all the other "Fla. Gang" and can't wait 'til Saturday/Sunday! Everyone travel safely! Tony & Donna.

15. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi Everyone,
    I was talking to the manager of the TGIF's about a quarter of a mile from the Clarion hotel-He's new to Orlando and a gun person.He would love to have us on Friday night,say about 7:00pm?He says he could easily accomidate us (20+) and looks forward to meeting us.Its on Carrier Drive which is south of Don's hotel in the International Drive and Universal area.Yes you could almost walk to it.

If this is ok (They have great food I eat at the east Orlando one),If not we have everything under the sun at this area.If you want to Eat closer to the range on Saturday night,might I suggest the Tony Roma's on SR-436(By the Airport).Also Note there are a lot of Italian and Safood resturants at International Drive area some who belong to Charlies(seafood and Charlies steaks Ta Boot). ;Y ^5

Let Me Know

Mike

16. G29 Man

7PM is great for us. There will be 2 in our party.

Thanks!

17. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Put me down for one; Nan will still be working in WPB.

18. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

whats going on.. a match?
    I will be in orlando this weekend...whats up?
    thanks
    marv
    also

any ranges near Maitland?

19. Don At PC

Mike the plans sound great to me. I know there will be 4 of us for sure,(Dan, Pete, Bobby and me). Thanks for the legwork. Glad to hear we found another restruant that is comfortable with gun owners.

20. pizzaaguy

pizzaaguy

Shoot Straight Gun Range and Store...
    State Road 17-92 .5 miles north of State Road 436
    in Casselberry.