close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dinner Last Night--Irony

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by certifiedfunds, Mar 28, 2010.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Kids out of the house last night so I grabbed some coonass takeout

[​IMG]

A small pearl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the bad news.....about 30 minutes after eating the oysters I was hugging the toilet with a blanket over my head vomiting and shivering. Up all night with extreme cramps and nausea. Eventually had to use a suppository (first for me). More or less slept laying face down on the toilet, kneeling on towels.

I love raw oysters but, I don't think I'll be able to eat one for many, many years to come. Last time this happened it took me somewhere around 5 years before I could eat them again.:crying:

Better this morning but still very weak.

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Sorry to hear this; your pictures made me hungry. Hope you feel better soon.:wavey:

3. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Looks good. But...

Better you than me.

Don't feel too bad, though. Iraqi food generally gives me the trots 3 out of 4 days here.

4. okie

okie GT Mayor

I hope you get well quickly my friend:angel:

5. certifiedfunds

Shame is I only got to eat a handful of the crawfish before the problems started.

Don't think I should attempt to eat the left overs this morning..........

Didn't even set out to get oysters but the proprietor was awful proud of them and gave me some free samples, so I had to get a dozen to go

6. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

if you need help getting rid of the crawfish i will gladly help. Sorry to hear about that man food poisoning is the worst. When i took my food handlers certification they said that food poisoning takes a minimum of 24 hours to take affect but i 100% believe that to be false.

7. MIB

MIB

Seriously, the worst case of the squirts I ever had came from eating some Iraqi good. I could have easily knocked down some bowling pins from 12 ft away..

8. certifiedfunds

If it isn't food poisoning I can't explain it. Felt fine all day. Went for a 1hour run earlier, good mood, no issues.

Then I eat raw oysters and BAM! Almost immediate.

9. shavedape

shavedape

10. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

I've pretty much gone native here, and even the locals get sick all the time.

They have no sense of cleanliness. They clean house with ****in' tissues.

I can't say that I ain't havin' fun here, but it's a struggle to teach people basic household cleanliness.

When I first came here, a year ago, they ate on the floor out of a big pile. I told them they would have to eat at a table with plates and silverware, if they wanted to eat in my house.

They've made some progress.

11. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

As a real born Mainiac, and at risk of having my "down-eastah' card pulled, I'd much rather have a pile of crawdads in front of me that a lobster. :supergrin:

But I'd have a hard time getting down a raw oyster unless I was "stahvin' ta death":shocked:

Know you'll recover soon, even though I bet at some time during the body purge you most likey prayed for death. :shocked:

The girlfriend and I got into a similar situaton a few years ago eating some mussels over here in Spain. Luckily the apartment had two bathrooms.!

12. certifiedfunds

Contemplated, actually.

13. certifiedfunds

I do cajun boiled lobster all the time. Boil them about 3 minutes in concentrated crab boil water, soak for 20 or so minutes.

Excellent

14. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

Disturbingly enough this thread about food poisoning is making me hungry haha.

15. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

The only oysters I'll eat are out of the half gallon ice-packed tins, Extra Jumbo sized. NOT in the shell. They're date stamped, kept right on the edge of freezing (ice crystals in 'em) and PRIME.

I think they run 60-72 per half gallon, they are REALLY big oysters, and the last batch I bought cost about a dollar per oyster, wholesale. Might be more now, it's been a while.

dipping sauce: 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup ground horseradish, 4 tablespoons hot sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup. Zesty..

16. certifiedfunds

......they WERE good............

17. certifiedfunds

We live in oyster central. The community I live in was the largest oyster producer in the country around the turn of the century. I've eater oysters pulled up from the shallows while fishing (foolish) and bought sacks right off the oyster boats while they chugged into the docks. Been eating oysters since I was a kid when I would sit on an old stump next to my grandfather as he shucked them.

This is the second time I've been sick like this in my entire life. That's not bad odds, but the sick is SOOOOOO bad I don't know if I can do it again. I can handle the nausea but the abdominal pain is blinding. Its like being kicked in the balls for hours straight.

Lady doc down the street sent over some phenergan pills, which I threw up. Fortunately we had the kind you insert on the other end in the med cabinet. It offered SOME relief.

Last food poisoning I had was from some frozen Sam's hotwings and it lasted 7 days.

18. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Yeah....so good ya' ate 'em twice!!:supergrin:

Like the idea about the Cajun crab boil with a lobster....but have to make sure none of the neighbors know about it. Could get tarred and feathered for something like that!:supergrin:

Ya' put the crabboil in the cold water for 20 minutes before ya' give the lobster a "hot bath"??

19. Hawker Man

Hawker Man

Yea, that one just to the left of the lemons looks like the bad seed. I could have saved you if you would have asked.
    Tom

20. certifiedfunds

No. Just use a big stock pot. Fill bout half full of water. Dump almost enough crab boil seasoning in that is required to boil a full load of crabs or crawfish (now super concentrated). Bring to a boil.

Introduce lobsters.

Return to a boil for 3-5 minutes.

Turn off fire and dump ice on top.

Allow to soak 20 minutes or so.