Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the packing material to pad the bottom of the plastic cup from my S&S casting bullets.
Works like a charm!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I have one thats pretty good about keeping them in the cup, another spit them out all the time. For years i just used tape folded over to make the edge of the cup taller.

One day I was cutting a slice off some 1/2" box tube and the light bulb lit up. This works 100% and permanent.

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,186 Posts
This is how I fixed the spent primer problem. Not only do I not have any primers going all other the place. Put I only empty the container maybe once a year. #76 is pictures of my mod. And #74 is how I did it. It is a lot easier to do than it sounds. Also instead of the wire bundle clamp I just bent a piece of coat hanger, but still use the bracket. I also use a baby wipe box that I cut out a hole in the right front corner for the tubing to go into. I also increased the size of the brass ferrule and vinyl tubing. Works better with large primers. I also found shorter Allen head screws that I don’t need the washers.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584&st=75

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,186 Posts
Not only do I have the spent primers going into the box. I also have two tubes running from the case feeder down into the box for the media that use to go all over the table top from the case feeder. Now goes down to that box also.
Even though I use the Dillon media separator. For some reason some media still makes it to the case feeder. Then all over the table top.

·
Malcontent
11,682 Posts
This is how I fixed the spent primer problem. Not only do I not have any primers going all other the place. Put I only empty the container maybe once a year. #76 is pictures of my mod. And #74 is how I did it. It is a lot easier to do than it sounds. Also instead of the wire bundle clamp I just bent a piece of coat hanger, but still use the bracket. I also use a baby wipe box that I cut out a hole in the right front corner for the tubing to go into. I also increased the size of the brass ferrule and vinyl tubing. Works better with large primers. I also found shorter Allen head screws that I don’t need the washers.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584&st=75
Bob,
I exempt your spent primer mod from the remarks I'm about to make regarding that link. It is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. A tube, a little gravity, if you don't like it, you just put the old stuff back on. I have to need for it because my spent primers end up in the little blue cup like they are supposed to.

As for the rest of that BE thread, WOW!! Guys are grinding, clipping springs that no one can find on the parts diagram, modifying all kinds of crap and then coming back and saying their press won't work. Anyone short of the skills of JMorris should just leave their ****ing $1,000.00 press alone.

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,186 Posts
Bob,
I exempt your spent primer mod from the remarks I'm about to make regarding that link. It is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. A tube, a little gravity, if you don't like it, you just put the old stuff back on. I have to need for it because my spent primers end up in the little blue cup like they are supposed to.

As for the rest of that BE thread, WOW!! Guys are grinding, clipping springs that no one can find on the parts diagram, modifying all kinds of crap and then coming back and saying their press won't work. Anyone short of the skills of JMorris should just leave their ****ing $1,000.00 press alone.
Granted you have to know what you are doing. Some people are happy with using the cup that comes with the press. I was not. A couple of times forgetting to empty the cup. Or pull the cup out and hit something and they go everywhere. All the mods I have done to my presses have worked. Dillon 550, 650 and Rock Chucker. Also Mec 650.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts