Bob,This is how I fixed the spent primer problem. Not only do I not have any primers going all other the place. Put I only empty the container maybe once a year. #76 is pictures of my mod. And #74 is how I did it. It is a lot easier to do than it sounds. Also instead of the wire bundle clamp I just bent a piece of coat hanger, but still use the bracket. I also use a baby wipe box that I cut out a hole in the right front corner for the tubing to go into. I also increased the size of the brass ferrule and vinyl tubing. Works better with large primers. I also found shorter Allen head screws that I dont need the washers.
Granted you have to know what you are doing. Some people are happy with using the cup that comes with the press. I was not. A couple of times forgetting to empty the cup. Or pull the cup out and hit something and they go everywhere. All the mods I have done to my presses have worked. Dillon 550, 650 and Rock Chucker. Also Mec 650.Bob,
I exempt your spent primer mod from the remarks I'm about to make regarding that link. It is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. A tube, a little gravity, if you don't like it, you just put the old stuff back on. I have to need for it because my spent primers end up in the little blue cup like they are supposed to.
As for the rest of that BE thread, WOW!! Guys are grinding, clipping springs that no one can find on the parts diagram, modifying all kinds of crap and then coming back and saying their press won't work. Anyone short of the skills of JMorris should just leave their ****ing $1,000.00 press alone.