close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dilemma?? Want to Buy a Sub-Glock, vacillating between a Glock 26, 27, and 33

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Aug 3, 2002.

1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

What Mini Glock did you buy, and why....

Glock 26 9 mm

Glock 27 .40 Caliber Smith & Wesson

Glock 33 .357 Sig Caliber

;a ;a ;a ;a

2. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Haven't we been here before?
    I thought the last time you decided on the 27 that you could get other barrels for 9mm or some such thing....
    Maybe that was a different thread altogether.....Hmmm....need more medicine..
    Oh yeah, my vote is the 26. I am sure that mine was made for me and it is just perfect. Stock from the box (plus Agrip :) ) perfect.
    Mike

3. BLiTzNicK

BLiTzNicK Silent Member

I'll second the G26, especially if you plan to shoot it a lot. I traded my G27 for a G26 just because of local ammo prices.

.357 SIG looks like a very interesting load. I don't think I'd want to launch it from the sub comp platform though.

4. dgg9

dgg9

Bought a G27, and just never got comfortable with it. Went to the range, rented a G26, and in the very first magazine of rounds, I shot it better than the G27 after 3 years of practice. Sold the G27, bought a G26, never looked back.

I credit the G27 for causing my flinching problem which I am only now finally eradicating the last of.

5. sigpro357

sigpro357

G-26.

Cheaper ammo = more practice

Nine is fine.

G-17 mags and G19 mags for 15 or 17 rounds of backup.

6. macosx

macosx

Definitely the 26.

Ditto on the reasons.

7. guncrazy17

guncrazy17 Millennium Member

G26 also!
    Lots of prebans for lots of firepower! It shoots better than G27 and G33, IMO.

8. bullw

bullw

Try to shoot both and decide for yourself. The 26 and 27 are great pistols....

9. Lur Kingman

Lur Kingman The Watcher

The 26 will have the cheapest high caps. Get it with nightsights, slap an AGrip on it, and then you're ready to go!

10. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

RENT a 27 BEFORE you buy one. The 27 beats the crap out of my hand and many people say the same thing. My G30 was like a .22 compared to the 27!! It's a personal thing. Lots of people love the 27 so try it out. You can't beat the 26 for ammo price, control and overall fun to shoot. The 26 is plenty powerful enough with +P 124gr Gold Dots or maybe CorBon, etc.

If it's a Glock, you cannot make the wrong choice so go for it. But try one before you buy it.

jAK-47

11. G-MAN 45

G-MAN 45

G26 its the one I never leave home w/o

12. ray23&27

ray23&27 ----

I fired a rented 26 and a 27 and ended up buying the 27. True, the recoil is a bit snappier with the 27 but I fire 150-200 rounds with no pain and no strain. I shoot the 27 about as well as my 23. In fact, if I had given the 27 a good try before I bought the 23 I might not have even bothered with the 23. I'd probably have two 27s. But that's just me. But the 26 is great. Very easy to shoot. I haven't fired a Glock chambered for .357 so I can't say anyhing about the 33. Try 'em all out real good by renting before you choose, if possible.

13. ray23&27

ray23&27 ----

Depends on what you compare it to I guess. I carried a S&W Airweight for a long time before I bought a Glock. Those light little .38s are actually painful to shoot if you fire more than a few rounds. The Glock 27 feels pretty comfortable to me by comparison to what I suffered with before before I got it. To each his own.

14. dgg9

dgg9

I was a raw beginner at the time, so the G27 was arguably a bad choice. Now I'm not a beginner, but the G26 is so much easier to shoot, I still can't justify a G27.

An Airweight I can see -- you're getting worse recoil but you're saving significant weight. G26 vs G27 are the same weight, and the "stopping power" difference is debatable, especially when weighed against the differing levels of shootability.

15. ray23&27

ray23&27 ----

It's just individual likes and dislikes, I guess. Either one will fill the bill. Being able to give them all a good try before making the purchase is the best situation.

I could have been happy with a 26. But the 27 recoil doesn't bother me and the debate between 9mm and .40 does kinda swing toward the .40 just a little bit. A little bit might make a big difference if things come together a certain way.

16. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Get the 26. I liked mine so much I bought a second one. The 26 is fun and cheap to shoot.

17. Nelybarg

Nelybarg NC Glocker 30

personally i went with the 27 for a few reasons. for some unexplained reason, i'm partial to the .40 cal. also, my department issue pistola is a g22 so i figured that the 27 would be a good match up for it if i ever decided to carry it as a backup. i dont think the recoil is snappy at all. i'll typically put about 200 thru it whenever i take it to the range.

go rent all 3 and shoot a box thru each. see what you like the best.

18. dgg9

dgg9

Sure, and a little bit of ability for quick follow up shots might matter too. Hard to say which prevails. Sure, either one is fine. But in the narrow context of a beginner's gun, IMO, a beginner is not well served by a small, harshly recoiling gun, as this can cause bad shooting habits, as happened to me. Just my $0.02.

19. Sr J

Sr J

20. Rich

Rich

The ultimate sub-Glock and my most accurate handgun. Don't be afraid of the .45

Best,

Rich