close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Differences between GLOCK connectors?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NCHeel, Apr 13, 2012.

1. NCHeel

NCHeel

I just got my "-" connector and other than the designation stamping I see no difference in it as compared to the "." connector. Does someone have a photo showing the differences or angles that make the two different?

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

[​IMG]

The heavier the connector weight, the more incline the trigger bar has to overcome.

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

That's a great pic... would have made lots more sense to have the '.' connector in the middle, as logically it's "between" those two as far as angle goes.

It should be '-', '.', stock (or regular, whatever you wanna call it).

4. NCHeel

NCHeel

Thanks, that is a great pic.

5. njl

njl

What the heck is the "." connector? I thought all there was was the unmarked 5lb, "-" 3.5lb (now called 4.5lb), and "+" 8lb connector. What's the "." one supposed to be?

6. voyager4520

voyager4520

The "dot" connector was created to bring the trigger pull weight of Gen4's down to approximately the same weight as a Gen3 would have with the standard connector, about 5.5lbs. Right before it was released, it was nicknamed the "ATF" connector, supposedly because the ATF originally requested it for their duty guns.

Currently Glock will only sell the "dot" connector to Armorers who are replacing the standard connector in an early Gen4, and Glock requires the serial number of the gun that the connector will be installed into.

EDIT: From what I heard, the angle at which the connector sits in the trigger housing was changed by 5 degrees in the heavier direction in Gen4 trigger housings. But I just compared a Gen3 and Gen4 trigger housing, and there's absolutely no difference in that angle, the tops and fronts of the housings line up and the drop safeties line up, right along with the connector channels. So there must be a different reason for the heavier Gen4 trigger pull with standard connector.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  7. NCHeel

NCHeel

There is a reason, the bump on the trigger bar. In my tests it adds almost a pound to the trigger pull.

8. cciman

cciman

The differences can be in micrometers, not real obvious to the eye, until you put one on top of another. That photo is good.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520

Here's an interesting one, supposedly supplied to CAG:
    [​IMG]