close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Diff between sub and major sub

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by killjoy25, Nov 25, 2006.

1. killjoy25

killjoy25

What is the difference between sub and major sub...caliber?

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Capacity! Major Sub was created for the G36 so it could compete in GSSF. Major Sub is limited to 7 rounds in models G29 10MM, G30 45 ACP, G36 45 ACP or G39 45 GAP. The round count also changed the total number of hits on the D-1's to one round per target per string.

Dan:cool:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

except for the 36 all the other MSub guns could compete in Sub class ,the 39 would need 37 mags.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ed and Dan...Our Resident Masters...how about sharing what you shoot for Major and why???:)

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

well i've sued 3 glocks for MSub, started wit ha 30 because that's what i had, and it worked fro both sub classes. trouble is mine couldn't make it t othe end of a match without a nose dive FTF. i sort of got all warm and fuzzy about the GAP round and for a few weeks GSSF had the 38 listed as MSub legal, and i still think it should be since it's a sub 10 round gun. well before i could shoot the 38 they took it off the list and i got a 39. shot it with mixed results, usually have a hell of a time clearing the plates. ended up with a 29 and didn't really think about it as a competition gun at first but then decided to give it a spin at one match. shot my best score with it and shot it again at another match. it is now my MSub gun and i've done well with it, for me. i'm shooting a 180gr. rainier over 4.6 gr. of titegroup with a federal primer and a OAL of 1.250.

6. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I started off with the G30 in Master Major Sub and after winning 2 gun certificates last year in Lubbock (raffle and U/L), I got a G39 so I would have the complete 45GAP line. Once I got it and started shooting it, I found it to be just as accurate as the G30. I chose to use it in Major Sub. That decision also keeps me have to carry two different 45 caliber ammunitions to matches.

Dan:cool: