Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes there is a pill. I took it last year. Federal law required that I be examined by a physician every 30 days. Can't remember the name. I was told that the problem was that when people went of the pill they gained all the weight back. Caused all food and even water to taste like poop
Now that is useful. Please see if you can find the name.

I don't see this as an either or situation.

·
Zombie Killer
720 Posts
A side effect of drugs containing amphetamines (Adderall, Ritalin, etc.) is pretty decent weight loss.

These drugs are predominantly for ADHD and sleep disorders.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,819 Posts
Local doc offers a plan using HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadatropin, +/- on the spelling). $500. Promises 40 pound loss.

Diets don't work because they begin and end and you're stuck back with the same habits that made you overweight.

If you need to lose weight, as others have pointed out, it's caloric intake vs calories burned. Burn too little you gain weight, burn more than you take in, you lose weight.

Look at your eating habits and lifestyle. Modify to take in fewer calories, burn more, or both. This is a lifetime change you must make and stick with to lose weight.

This will work better in the long run than pills, fad diets, hipposuction, etc, because you choose the plan you can live with and works for YOU!

And since I'm a nurse I must add the usual disclaimer, see your doctor and follow his/her instructions.

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts
I don't want to play the game this week is a problem for you?

So if you have every had a drink of alcohol, you are an alcoholic?

If you ever use a drugs (including caffeine), you are a drug addict?

So you never go on vacation? If you do, that makes you a layabout and want the government to support you.

If you don't carry a rifle with you then you must not care about your personal protection.

Your logic is flawed. And you are still not answering the mail.
Get a grip.

The overwhelming response is that you need to change your lifestyle. You have made it clear you want a magic pill.

You remind me of the "I just joined a gym and I want to get fit but I don't want to actually sweat or toil to accomplish my objectives." wannabees who make a resolution each year and within weeks have lost the enthusiasm.

Have at it. I don't care. My weight is not a problem and never has been. I watch what I eat regardless of what others think and despite the time of year or vacation status, and I exercise on a regular basis.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Get a grip.

The overwhelming response is that you need to change your lifestyle. You have made it clear you want a magic pill.
Get a clue and learn how to read.

I didn't start a thread about "I want to get in shape"; I didn't start a thread about "tracking what I eat"; I didn't start a thread about "going on a diet"; I didn't start a thread about "working out"; I started a thread about "Diet pills".

Why don't you go to the 1911 forum and tell them they are wrong for wanting a 1911, the Glock and XD are much better; They should change their ways.

Why don't you go to Muslim forum and tell them they are wrong for worshiping Ala?

Why don't you go to a Christian forum and tell them that they are wrong for worshiping Jesus?

Why don't you go to a atheist forum and tell them that there is a god?

The next time your boss asks you to do X, do Y and then wonder why her/she is unhappy.

I am fighting the battle of the bulge and have been most my life. This is a multiple front war. The question is only for one skirmishing point and it is very specific.:wavey:
Or to put it a different way, I have done everything suggested at one point in time or another. And will probably do them again in the future.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
FWIW, my understanding is the multiple meals thing has been shown to be false. My own experience goes along with that. I've kept weight off using multiple strategies over the years. One of my favorite approaches is intermittent fasting, eating a small meal around 1 pm and the remainder of food at 5-6 pm, then fasting until 1 pm the next day. I did that for three or four years and maintained about 10% body fat. My exercise program was moderately intensive, but not high level by any means.

I think the multiple meals theory is the body thinks food is abundant if you're eating very frequently, so there's no need to store some energy as fat, so go ahead and use it instead. My intuition tells me that's too simplistic, and our bodies can keep track of the general state of affairs over longer periods of time. If you're eating at a deficit, your body will think you're starving (you are!) regardless of whether you eat too little over six meals or one. It'll try to slow down burning energy, but you can still make progress.

RWBlue, I don't know squat about diet pills or supplements. I can only offer the following, which is an extremely practical approach that should work for just about anybody. If you eat as recommended at the following, you should do well. The website takes about 2 min. to digest and understand.

www.simplefit.org/nutrition.html

Good luck!

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
8,704 Posts
After reading this thread I have concluded that RW is both fat and cranky. :wavey:

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After reading this thread I have concluded that RW is both fat and cranky. :wavey:
Yes, :scale: and bite me. :tongueout:

Seriously, it is like posting something about reloading 9mm and having everyone chime in that the 40 and 10mm and 45 are better. It makes me want to throw bricks at people's heads. :eek:kie:

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Yes, :scale: and bite me. :tongueout:

Seriously, it is like posting something about reloading 9mm and having everyone chime in that the 40 and 10mm and 45 are better. It makes me want to throw bricks at people's heads. :eek:kie:
Then why did you post your question in the Strength and Conditioning forum?

Your question has nothing to do with either.

You should also know that you will get similar responses to those posted, since you didn't originally expain what you had tried in the past to lose weight.

Go throw bricks at people heads. Thats good for burning calories. :tongueout:

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Tabata Brick Throws.

or

100 Brick Throws for time.

Someone needs to post a video!
Are we retrieving and throwing the same brick over and over?

Or do we have a pile of 100 bricks? :tongueout:

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Hmmm. Probably retrieving the same one. Or, something like throw it repeatedly until the trainee covers 800 m. We'd have to strictly define the workout and set stringent form standards.

Just like in CF, we can name the workout after someone. In this case RWBlue. LOL!

Workout of the day (WoD) for 12/30/2014: RWBlue

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Then why did you post your question in the Strength and Conditioning forum? Your question has nothing to do with either.

You should also know that you will get similar responses to those posted, since you didn't originally explain what you had tried in the past to lose weight.
I corrected the spelling mistake.

Technically, it could be both depending on the drugs.

Being that I was asking about drugs and not a ME specific item, there should be very little conversation about ME in this thread.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hmmm. Probably retrieving the same one. Or, something like throw it repeatedly until the trainee covers 800 m. We'd have to strictly define the workout and set stringent form standards.

Just like in CF, we can name the workout after someone. In this case RWBlue. LOL!

Workout of the day (WoD) for 12/30/2014: RWBlue
Be sure to give them a good target. Make fun of them so they pay attention to throwing them accurately with good form.

I would also suggest using paving bricks as they are solid and will hurt more then they hit you.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
I think we should settle on the following standard S&C Forum workout. Maybe we can grow a list of these similar to the CrossFit "girls" benchmark workouts.

Workout Name: RWBlue (Brick Throws for Time)

Level 400S: Throw a standard brick (5 lb +/- 0.5 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 400 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 800S: Throw a standard brick (5 lb +/- 0.5 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 800 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 400P: Throw a paving brick (8-10 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 400 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 800P: Throw a paving brick (8-10 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 800 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts
I think we should settle on the following standard S&C Forum workout. Maybe we can grow a list of these similar to the CrossFit "girls" benchmark workouts.

Workout Name: RWBlue (Brick Throws for Time)

Level 400S: Throw a standard brick (5 lb +/- 0.5 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 400 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 800S: Throw a standard brick (5 lb +/- 0.5 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 800 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 400P: Throw a paving brick (8-10 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 400 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.

Level 800P: Throw a paving brick (8-10 lb). Walk or run to it and throw it again. Repeat until the brick has covered 800 m. Use whatever technique or form you'd like.
Need to alternate throwing arms, or risk unbalanced brick-throwing ability between left/right arm.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Good point. I was trying to keep it as much of a free-for-all as possible, though.

I guess alternating arms or insisting the trainee uses a two-handed throw wouldn't be too stringent.

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts
Good point. I was trying to keep it as much of a free-for-all as possible, though.

I guess alternating arms or insisting the trainee uses a two-handed throw wouldn't be too stringent.
Will that be an underhand two hand, overhand two hand, or "hammer throw" two hand? If "hammer throw", the WOD rules need to specify alternating left/right spin. :rofl:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why look for a pharmaceutical solution to a problem that isn't there? Bad idea.

If you want to speed up your metabolism eat smaller meals with higher frequency.
I eat 6 times a day and it runs like a well oiled machine.

I agree completely, eat less, eat better quality food and walk a lot every single day.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I agree completely, eat less, eat better quality food and walk a lot every single day.
Exactly back in my trainer days id tell clients before they wanted to do the drastic change of diet to get the timing of meals down first. Take the 3 meals you would normally eat and cut them in half. Now take those 6 smaller meals and space them out every 2.5-3 hours.

Once you get that down then start with diet changes. If you go for too much change at once you'll likely give up. Getting in shape is a long road, it wont happen over night. The HCG regimen posted above is a laugh. HCG is used as a women's fertility drug and to get dudes balls back up to size after a steroid cycle. It may help shed a bit of weight by getting test levels up a bit but that's about it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts