Glock Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· CHEEPUCK.COM
461 Posts
eyecutter,
just sold my 01 trooper this year, 2x na kasi bumigay yung injectors. yung una nung 02, 47k pesos para palitan, then this year sabi ng casa bibigay na din and will cost me 80k pesos so binenta ka agad ng palugi at 600k para d na me gagastos sa repairs, sakit talaga ng trooper yung injectors. usual symptoms are engine vibrations and parang pumapalya yung engine.then bigla ayaw na lang magstart o magstall yung engine while you're driving. ang bad trip dyan ay only the casa can repair the problems associated with the trooper. but maybe you're one of the lucky ones....but sa hatakan and fuel consumption....the best ang trooper 4jx1.:)

· Registered
4,072 Posts
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Not much difference anymore, percentage-wise, between price of diesel fuel and gasoline . And most gasoline engines can run quite well enough on regular; premium not necessary. So, is it worth getting a diesel-engined car? I am thinking of a Pajero, one of the new big ones, but.....
Got to try my parents' Toyota Hi-Lux when I went to the Philippines in May. They bought the 3.0l intercooled 4x4. I reached speeds of up to 140 kph with the Hi-Lux. A friend of mine got his Hi-Lux to reach 180 kph. The acceleration was more of a gas engine than a diesel engine with no turbo lag.

Not bad for a diesel engine.

· Registered
4,072 Posts
Originally posted by Allegra
Whoa, almost forgot!! Salamat sa info isuzu!!
No problem!:)

My brother has a Trooper and the injectors also malfunctioned. Good thing the dealer replaced them for free.

He told me that the symptoms were hesitation and jerking. I think the transmission as well as the engine is controlled by an ECU.

I still like the 4JA1 engines (the ones on the Crosswinds). Super easy to maintain and cost effective, too.

· Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
oo nga raw. what's the problem with the injectors? what happens and what are the signs and symptoms?

its a 2003 skyroof model
it gets clogged easily considering that the fuel out here is so bad...

(in a few months time... a product that will be able to clear up fouled up fuel injectors... for gas and diesel will come out of the market... its not the type that u could buy in true value or hardware stores... :) )

· Registered
520 Posts
Some shops offer cleaning services for injectors diesel or gas that restore the efficiency to normal levels.

I think theres Betan Calibration and Carbon Clean, which is available in several shops.

Costs about 3k to 4k, 3 hours work.

435 Posts
Originally posted by kcboy
...ang bad trip dyan ay only the casa can repair the problems associated with the trooper...
Jun Magno of Mac R Motors in Alabang and Makati can do wonders with fuel injection systems. I posted some time back regarding a couple of troopers whose injectors malfunctioned and he was able to repair them. Only problem is the casa is the only one who could provide the parts.

· CHEEPUCK.COM
461 Posts
you got 2 options, they can repair the injectors but it will eventually break down and get clogged up again. so it's up to you. cleaning or repairing the injectors of a crdi diesel engine is really expensive. but trooper's 4jx1 is a real headache.

· Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
"A friend of mine got his Hi-Lux to reach 180 kph."

Where could that have happened? the NLEX?

pwede sa skyway

· Registered
4,072 Posts

Highway north of Bacolod from Talisay to Silay which is a four-lane highway. The acceleration of the new Hi-Lux is really fast. I just stayed at 140 kph. For me, that was enough for a pick up truck.

· Registered
1,674 Posts

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Highway north of Bacolod"
----------------------------------

Man, that sugar ethanol stuff must be pretty powerful!

· Registered
4,072 Posts

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Highway north of Bacolod"
----------------------------------

Man, that sugar ethanol stuff must be pretty powerful!
using ethanol on a diesel engine with a compression rate of 21:1 vs. a gas engine with a compression rate between 7-9:1 would damage the pistons.:)

BTW, even oil-rich Alberta is putting up a bio-diesel refinery using Canola oil north of Edmonton. They know there's no end in sight for increasing fuel prices.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
While we're on the subject of dieseling, i remember there was a trick that i used to use when I fired my spring-piston imported German Feinwerkbau air rifle a lot.

You leave an extra bit of the usual lubricating oil in the compression cylinder. It diesels, and there is a bang! and sometimes a bit of flame comes out the front of the barrel. Boosts the velocity of the pellet (to substantially faster than the speed of a .45 bullet). Blows the hell out of birds, rats, large frogs etc.

· Registered
214 Posts
While we're on the subject of dieseling, i remember there was a trick that i used to use when I fired my spring-piston imported German Feinwerkbau air rifle a lot.

You leave an extra bit of the usual lubricating oil in the compression cylinder. It diesels, and there is a bang! and sometimes a bit of flame comes out the front of the barrel. Boosts the velocity of the pellet (to substantially faster than the speed of a .45 bullet).

Wow Ante... this sounds FUN.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.