Glock Talk banner

Diesel

1765 Views 38 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  agentrod
Guys a couple of motoring questions:

How long do you warm up a diesel engine sa umaga?
How about kung if the engine is still hot after use?

How long do turbo diesels need to be cooled down?
Paano kung short trip[ lang ( 10 min )and the vehicle barely exceeded 40kph , does it still need to be cooled down?
Salamat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Not much difference anymore, percentage-wise, between price of diesel fuel and gasoline . And most gasoline engines can run quite well enough on regular; premium not necessary. So, is it worth getting a diesel-engined car? I am thinking of a Pajero, one of the new big ones, but.....

· Registered
1,674 Posts
"A friend of mine got his Hi-Lux to reach 180 kph."

Where could that have happened? the NLEX?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Highway north of Bacolod"
----------------------------------

Man, that sugar ethanol stuff must be pretty powerful!

· Registered
1,674 Posts
While we're on the subject of dieseling, i remember there was a trick that i used to use when I fired my spring-piston imported German Feinwerkbau air rifle a lot.

You leave an extra bit of the usual lubricating oil in the compression cylinder. It diesels, and there is a bang! and sometimes a bit of flame comes out the front of the barrel. Boosts the velocity of the pellet (to substantially faster than the speed of a .45 bullet). Blows the hell out of birds, rats, large frogs etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.