Didn't Clinton use the millitary twice?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Bilrus61, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

He used the 82 airbourn to restore order after hurricane Hugo hit St. Croix and the national guard there started to loot. He used armor from Ft Hood against the Dividians at Waco. Story is they claimed the fbi was driving but really it was soldiers from Ft Hood in there. Either way it was army equipment. So he actually did it and Trump just talks about it and the generals are all upset????!!!!

hogship and Pythonman like this.
  2. nursetim

nursetim

I think it says more about the generals than the president. Besides, the Waco thing was totally inappropriate use of the military.

3. glockophile42

glockophile42

My .02. The optics/thought of using the military is bad. Sometimes they're needed simply for intimidation though. The difference is that we're being pushed to more extremes and this, today, is a more delicate dance. It takes a hell of a chess player to balance this and I think Trump is smart enough to know the difference. His ready/fire/aim rhetoric is a little concerning, but I think I may be one of the only people who notices.

4. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I believe Reno had a lot to do with it.'08. :burn:

hogship likes this.
  5. glockophile42

glockophile42

AG can deploy the FBI. And, in the instance you cite, it was not a good look, no?

6. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

As a veteran I have something that I would like to remind the generals, past and present, of something. You are not the top of the chain of command. Follow orders from the Commander in Chief or face disciplinary action or retire. And remember: the UCMJ strictly prohibits political involvement or expressing political views while in uniform. Maybe a courts martial would be in order for some of these idiots.