GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03168C31-B1BD-4DA2-9332-C6ACFCCBCF5C.jpeg
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dentists-young-influencers-filing-down-211308403.html

• There is a trend of TikTok users sharing their experience of getting their teeth ground down to pegs for the "perfect smile."

• Some are getting veneers, and some are getting a full set of crowns, which need to be replaced every 10 to 15 years.

• The preparation for full coverage crowns is more aggressive than veneers and compromises more of the tooth, so dentists do not recommend this for young people.

• "She's going to have dentures by the age of 40," Dr. Shaadi Manouchehri, a London-based dentist, said while commenting on a video of a young influencer's "veneer vlog" on TikTok.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Jesus. Just get a tattoo you can cover it up later. Or a piercing you can take out.

Not something that will require insurance and surgery later.

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,356 Posts
They could eat ear corn through a bird cage with those pathetic chompers.
Attention seekers are getting dumber and dumber.

·
Registered
13,292 Posts
I remember my uncle showing me his ground down teeth just before he got a full veneer package. It looked something like the OP's pictures. They were perfect when done but as he became a senior he did indeed have dental problems.
Boy that man could spend money (he didn't have).

·
Anti-Federalist
19,138 Posts
We were shacked up in some ****ty piece of Hohensfels and I was sitting on the back of my M9 ACE filing away my busted front crown with my Gerber tool when the CSM and Col. came around a tree. The both looked horrified and just turned right around and left.

Not the same but sure. Sometimes you gotta just do **** like that. We weren't do in from the field for another 20 days and it was jagged sharp.

Reactions: Caver 60
1 - 20 of 38 Posts