Glock Talk banner

Did you ever get the feeling...

373 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  4949shooter
The world is just a little crazy and going downhill. My current boss is on my buttocks non-stop. Micromanaging like there is no tomorrow. I can't even effectively isolate my troops from it.

It is making me just a little cranky and driving me nuts.

Suggestions?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,053 Posts
Make a list of things that are stressing you out.

Go through the list and identify the things that you are able to exude some control over.

Take those and devise action plans.

The rest, beyond your control, cross off.

Concentrate on the ones you can affect and have devised plans for.

Helps to make the chaos a bit smaller and even more so to gain some focus.

Hang in there bro :thumbsup:

· Daddy X2
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Premium Member
4,890 Posts
There are ways to screw with the supervisors back. I'm hard headed so I tend to take that approach. However, TBOs advice was solid. Sometimes you just need to bite your tounge and roll on.

· Registered
437 Posts
JohnnyReb;12171906 said:
There are ways to screw with the supervisors .
Oh gee thanks. :wow:

Seriously, deal with what you have control over. Pass up the chain what you don't. Delegate what you can.

TBO is spot on.

Those above you have either their agendas or manhood/position to always keep proving. Just keep doing an excellent job, being liked by your troops and the rest will follow. Oh, keeping as quiet as possible too.

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
As a friend says, "NEVER WORRY, if things can be solved by you, then make a plan to solve them, no reason to worry; if things cannot be solved by you, then why the hell do you worry?"

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
I think TBO is spot on with this one. After all, what else can one do. Of course, praying can help with the stress of it too.

· Mr. Awesome
12,685 Posts
Hold up,

micromanagement is a bad thing???? Someone better go tell the damn boss(es)...

· Eh
1,168 Posts
It can be worse... We are being audited by internal financial people by the chairmen of our University...

Oh and the chairmen HATES us, makes us park our POV's 1 mile away from the department. (No Joke paced it)

· Premium Member
4,890 Posts
BGPD;12172899 said:
Oh gee thanks. :wow:

Seriously, deal with what you have control over. Pass up the chain what you don't. Delegate what you can.

TBO is spot on.

Those above you have either their agendas or manhood/position to always keep proving. Just keep doing an excellent job, being liked by your troops and the rest will follow. Oh, keeping as quiet as possible too.
Definitely not what I personally recommend, however, sometimes.... :supergrin:

· Registered
10,597 Posts
I caught some flack from one of my bosses the other day. I guess we can't always agree on certain things. In the end we made friends again though.

I have to admit, I was pretty cranky over it. My guys caught some of the after effects. My wife caught the rest.

Sometimes you just need to let it out.

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,053 Posts
4949shooter;12182688 said:
I caught some flack from one of my bosses the other day. I guess we can't always agree on certain things. In the end we made friends again though.

I have to admit, I was pretty cranky over it. My guys caught some of the after effects. My wife caught the rest.

Sometimes you just need to let it out.

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts

I just had to throw this in. Feel free to use it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts